Mounting obr 30.5 fm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joek72

Hey guys so I got a obr 30fm and I was going to use the stock motor to complete it. The stock motor is the dynamite 29cc. I started to put it together and the clutch housing bolt are not in the right place. The top two bolts are wider in spacing. I was pissed off. So I took the back of my red cat clutch housing off an tried it and it fit. So when I went to put it in the truck i am having a really hard time trying to get the gear mess right. I have rc max center diff housing that is in and 19 tooth spacer for the motor. When I put it all together the gears are binding. I took out the motor 3 times and tighten it even all the way around. The only way it will work is if I shim the motor up with washer on one side. Tighting the outer bolts first than the inside bolt with the washer. What the hell is the problem. Do you think the rear housing is making the clutch gear to tight. Thanks

Attachments

• 6F70638B-AA12-404A-8853-CFAC6B5346D7.jpeg
    6F70638B-AA12-404A-8853-CFAC6B5346D7.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 15
The losi 5t 1.0 that you have was setup for cy engines so even if you use a zen engine you MUST use cy fan covers and cy clutch housings. Losi 2.0 that I have uses a zenoah engine. So yes you need to use cy fan cover and cy "short" clutch housing.

Hey guys new here. The fan cover that was on your 29 will work on your new motor. The problem you are having is with the clutch housing. I’m not sure if Redcat uses the same clutch housing so once you confirm you are using the correct housing then make sure your spacers are facing the right direction. On the 1.0 the numbers should be facing the fuel tank. When asking for help on this forum photos and or video helps a ton to diagnose issues. Words can only tell us so much.

I move the spacer I both directions and It didn’t work the red cat clutch carrier was the same size as the losi. The only difference was were the hole line up to the motor so I don’t think that is the problem.

I have a modded short clutch housing not fitted so we can measure it if you like👌🏻 but ill sau its round 1mm + - shorter
make sure your spacers are facing the right direction. On the 1.0
Do this 👆🏻
More pics pleas
I move the spacer I both directions and It didn’t work the red cat clutch carrier was the same size as the losi. The only difference was were the hole line up to the motor so I don’t think that is the problem.
Are they the same spacers that came out your truck?

Yea all I did was take out the 29 cc and try to complete it with the 29 it is not going so well bs

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks