MtXl Axis plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dropabomb

Hi not sure how many of you MtXL owners have been waiting for the Axis RC stand to issue a MTXL plate, well it’s done and shipping from DDM. I haven’t seen them on Axis’s site but mine just arrived from DDM today. Anyway hope this helps anyone in search of one. Now time to drop the new 34 motor and RcMax chassis and migrate the rest of the rig over.

Hi not sure how many of you MtXL owners have been waiting for the Axis RC stand to issue a MTXL plate, well it’s done and shipping from DDM. I haven’t seen them on Axis’s site but mine just arrived from DDM today. Anyway hope this helps anyone in search of one. Now time to drop the new 34 motor and RcMax chassis and migrate the rest of the rig over.
I use a milk crate. No adapter plate required. Sometimes I use a short stool that spins 360° when im after luxury, then I sit on the milk crate. What im trying to say is I wish I could afford a axis stand, my ? sucks.

Sum pics b good when u do this dude?

Home Depot rigid stand with some rubber glued onto it works sweet 40 bucks
Not quite the same but gets the job done if just working on the top of the car. I use 1 when Im working on the top of my 5ive-B. If your pulling the engine or removing any screws from below the Rigid stand wont help. You will be forced to work on the car/truck on its side or stood on front/rear wheels, and although it can be completed like that makes for a less enjoyable experience. I made one for a little less than 1/2 of the axis stand but it still encompasses the Axis plate so you can get to the screws from underneath.
20181218_202441.jpg20181218_202420.jpg
Homemade stand with Axis mount and swivel
20190615_202724.jpg
A video of how I made it

Thanks for the ideas guys!! Critical, very nice and utilizing the plates is a great idea. I agree with your ideas for alternate stands and I can attest that I’ve used a couple stools, a/v carts, keyboard stands and they are all useable when your working from the top, but as. Crucial stated if your doing any under body work it’s much more difficult. The biggest hurdle I think were all alluding tonis the cost of the axis stand. Your right, it’s almost the cost of another ride but damn they are nice, they are very nice and now I need a 5ive-b plate for that project, but one at a time. If you ever want to splurge and go on a champagne bender, get an axis. I use one stand for all my plates. If I ever hit it big I’m going to add another stand lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks