my 1/8th brushless rc's.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nitro is a dying thing, my lhs only has 1 class of nitro races anymore. Everything else is e word. Sucks, but I honestly understand. Nitros are a pain.
Only in the recreational scene of the hobby. Definitely not dying in the race scene. People just lazy and fuel is dumb expensive. Even if the fuel was cheap, I still think people wouldn't run them. They are not difficult to run if you get a decent engine and do some simple maintenance. Not much different then gassers. I have plenty of videos of me running my nitros and I'm not chasing the needles the whole time either.

Only in the recreational scene of the hobby. Definitely not dying in the race scene. People just lazy and fuel is dumb expensive. Even if the fuel was cheap, I still think people wouldn't run them. They are not difficult to run if you get a decent engine and do some simple maintenance. Not much different then gassers. I have plenty of videos of me running my nitros and I'm not chasing the needles the whole time either.
☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

Says the 15 yo ?
Nah, they will eventually phase out too. Last conversation I had at my lhs revolved around why they didnt have nitros in stock any more. I think he summed it up correctly. (I'm paraphrasing here) "the hard core guys will have nitro, the rest of the rc world will move on to faster and easier to maintain cars." May be I'm wrong, may be not. ?‍♂️. I know this much, I ain't getting any of mine out till nitro drops back to $10.00 a gallon again ?.

Says the 15 yo ?

Nah, they will eventually phase out too. Last conversation I had at my lhs revolved around why they didnt have nitros in stock any more. I think he summed it up correctly. (I'm paraphrasing here) "the hard core guys will have nitro, the rest of the rc world will move on to faster and easier to maintain cars." May be I'm wrong, may be not. ?‍♂️. I know this much, I ain't getting any of mine out till nitro drops back to $10.00 a gallon again ?.
Of courses when you got no better argument, bring in age, that'll get him eh! ?

Of courses when you got no better argument, bring in age, that'll get him eh! ?
Your age is a handi cap for commenting on long term trends. Sorry, you just haven't been around long enough. I suppose from some of the guys in here somewhat of the same can be said about me, but I've been into this hobby 20 years now. When I got into it nitros was all there was, hes there were e words but not even close to popular and had absolute crap run times. I also had 3 rc shops within 20 min drive of my parents house. All 3 had tracks, the one down near the buck had a rock crawler course, and owned a large field for flight. Times changed, lipo started poking its head out. Flight was more or less the first to embrace it. Which was also around the time I started getting into helicopters. One of the hobby shops flopped leaving the two others. Nitro prices started going up, and the hobby as a whole lost traction. The big shop stopped having races because there wasnt enough people to race weekly. Last I knew they just did large scale flight, nothing land based. Which leaves the little dinky one in mt joy. They are hanging on by a thread because they saw the trends in rc. They switched gears and started giving the people what they wanted, easy low maintenance RC's. Yes there are the hard core that think nitro is the only way but the masses (at least around here) have spoken. Hell they have more people show up to race their stock e class then they ever had in the nitro class. And most of that has happened in I'd say a 10 or so year period. They way most of us here complain about our lhs (if there even is one anymore) also lends to the belief that it's much the same in other areas. You'll always have the few or "hard core" that will run them and or race them, but that's not the trend as i see it.

Your age is a handi cap for commenting on long term trends. Sorry, you just haven't been around long enough. I suppose from some of the guys in here somewhat of the same can be said about me, but I've been into this hobby 20 years now. When I got into it nitros was all there was, hes there were e words but not even close to popular and had absolute crap run times. I also had 3 rc shops within 20 min drive of my parents house. All 3 had tracks, the one down near the buck had a rock crawler course, and owned a large field for flight. Times changed, lipo started poking its head out. Flight was more or less the first to embrace it. Which was also around the time I started getting into helicopters. One of the hobby shops flopped leaving the two others. Nitro prices started going up, and the hobby as a whole lost traction. The big shop stopped having races because there wasnt enough people to race weekly. Last I knew they just did large scale flight, nothing land based. Which leaves the little dinky one in mt joy. They are hanging on by a thread because they saw the trends in rc. They switched gears and started giving the people what they wanted, easy low maintenance RC's. Yes there are the hard core that think nitro is the only way but the masses (at least around here) have spoken. Hell they have more people show up to race their stock e class then they ever had in the nitro class. And most of that has happened in I'd say a 10 or so year period. They way most of us here complain about our lhs (if there even is one anymore) also lends to the belief that it's much the same in other areas. You'll always have the few or "hard core" that will run them and or race them, but that's not the trend as i see it.
Keep it brief FFS .......Do I have to read through all these grumble mumblings ????‍♂️

Well for one, I didn't say poop about whatever happened in the past and what it was like back then, so you just completely pulled that out ur ass ?‍♂️? . I was seconding what crucial said ? "Definitely not dying in the race scene. People just lazy and fuel is dumb expensive. Even if the fuel was cheap, I still think people wouldn't run them. They are not difficult to run if you get a decent engine and do some simple maintenance. Not much different then gassers. I have plenty of videos of me running my nitros and I'm not chasing the needles the whole time either."
Keep it brief FFS .......Do I have to read through all these grumble mumblings ????‍♂️
Yep, took every second of my attention span to read that line of bs?‍♂️??

Last edited:
I still think it's the price of fuel and the pure laziness that is killing it in the LHS. don't see it going anywhere in the race scene??‍♂️ Maybe I'm wrong.
agree....£30 a gallon over here?..and with the shear ease of plug n play rtr's people won't go nitro...to much hassle to most ☹but the hard core?

Few hardcore lads still run nitro at my local track, but even they spend a lot of time tuning them, probably the first hour of run time is spent tuning. Brushless is easy in comparison, charge, plug, go, swap battery and go again.
I do like the sound of Nitro, but years ago nitro put me off RC's for about 15 years then picked it back up last year with a brushless truggy quickly followed by 6th scale and now my 5th scale 2 strokes.
Brushless is so easy my 5 year old son can bash all day long with his.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks