my alu project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocco53

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
I'm building a VW beetle from scratch.
it is a slow progress, but it is becomming something.

this rubbish must become a car.
SNC01392.jpg

the first beginning
SNC01398.jpg

a few weeks later and after a night working
SNC01414.jpg
SNC01416.jpg
SNC01412.jpg

and at 2:00am he stands on his tyres
SNC01420.jpg
SNC01421.jpg

these were all pictures from last december.

this week there was a bit progress again.
SNC01556.jpg
SNC01555.jpg
SNC01557.jpg
SNC01559-1.jpg
SNC01562.jpg

You should make a stainless or aluminum front lower arm skid plate to give the front arms a bit more of a beefy look.:cool2:

Going to be a nice looking project from what I see so far.

Yes i make these with my mate sena have bean for the past 5 years were very busy with a company over here the Netherlands for 1/4 scale body's bit off a project but a not sure if it will take off

sorry for busting up your thread mucker
loving the build you got going there ive bean thinking off making my self one of the alloy cages for my fg mt beetle you just got to love the beetle

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 70
Yes i make these with my mate sena have bean for the past 5 years were very busy with a company over here the Netherlands for 1/4 scale body's bit off a project but a not sure if it will take off

sorry for busting up your thread mucker
loving the build you got going there ive bean thinking off making my self one of the alloy cages for my fg mt beetle you just got to love the beetle

okey, i didnt know that you were a dutchman. soo yes, it's a sickboy shell.
they are realy great shell's.

oh just a tip for you when drilling your mounting holes start with a 2mm then 3.5mm and so on then your gel coating will not splinter ok ;)

it's a second hand shell and the previous owner had drilled wrong holes. is there a repair kit for it?

Great looking VW i was looking to build a fg marder from scratch but i though i mite be a bit to much for me lol how is it building it from scratch it must be great fun?

great fun indeed it is. i started 2 years ago to collect parts from ebay. so in the end you have several parts from differend brands like fg, elcon and more. than it is the challenge to make it all fit together.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks