My dbxl eats servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all, so I replaced the junk servos on day one with my dbxl. Went with matching spectrum s9010/9020...I had a feeling the s9020 steering servo was bad out of the box. But I ran with it anyways. I could never get it fully dialed in and it wouldn't hold. Would always turn right further than left etc. Well it finally started twitching like crazy wouldn't return to neutral etc. Tower took it back. No issue...yet. haven't seen my refund. Last night I threw in a Savox .sw-0241mg less specs than the spectrum but better than stock. I made it about a half maybe 3/4 tank and it's shot. You turn the wheel and you hear the motor in the servo just cranking away. Weeeee and it doesn't stop til you stop on the radio. Is my servo saver torqued up way to right or what? These servos are expensive to replace more often than I put gas in it lol

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, yes and yes...don't get me wrong it'll run straight as an arrow im just having a hell of a time to get a servo to last lol. The endpoints are definitely spot on if not the endlinks hit the set screw on the drive shaft coupler...it's real tight in there. I'm sure some of the terms I just used aren't proper but whatever

I'm running the same servo(savox) in my dbxl for years with no issues on 7.4 volts. Something else is amiss.
Think im gonna give savox another try. Had bad luck once so abandoned the brand. They look so much better than the hitech 845's. Everytime I see my smurf servos in a red car I cringe a bit. So ugly.20200111_171243.jpgstick out like a sore thumb.??

With the servo arm disconnected from the steering, have you checked to see that nothing is binding or that there isn't a lot of resistance? It should be silky smooth. You should also check the screws on the top plate mount that bolt to the servo saver. If you over tighten those, it will bind up the steering. I have to keep playing with the tightness of those screws till it's just right. You'll have to use thread lock on the screws, otherwise they'll back up for sure. Just barely snug. I actually blew the stock Spektrum SPMS901 servos that way. No loss there, they were probably going to blow up eventually anyways, binding or not.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks