my King motor buggy won't start,what gives?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 tanks on the km motor , that's 6 more tanks then I got out of mine lol. Have you serviced the air filter yet? Mine was dry and had no oil so dirt killed my motor. As for no fuel check the needle settings . Should be around 1 1/4 turns out on the h needle and 1 1/2 on the L needle. I would still replace the torch spark plug with a ngk one .

just to be clear Mickey, to set the needles, i have to first turn the needles till they stop
clockwise,then turn the needles counter clockwise,1 1/2 and 1 1/4 turns respectively right?

mike

Is fuel getting to the carb? Does it have a good blue spark from the plug? When you put on the new carb did you line the holes up? If you answer yes to all of these its time to dive inside your motor as it needs 4 things to run, spark , fuel , air , and compression. I am going to think you have a motor like mine and the plating was bad .

Is fuel getting to the carb? Does it have a good blue spark from the plug? When you put on the new carb did you line the holes up? If you answer yes to all of these its time to dive inside your motor as it needs 4 things to run, spark , fuel , air , and compression. I am going to think you have a motor like mine and the plating was bad .

yes everything was put back in place exactly the way it was originally. When i push the primer i can see the fuel coming out of the tank and flowing to the carb and the bulb fills up with fuel,so i'm gonna say the carb is getting fuel,but why the engine is not is beyond me,and its a brand new spark plug too the one you recommended. i think the
electric conversion kit is calling my name, but i'm ignoring it and its price tag !

mike

One other possibility to check out, have you made sure that the key between the crank and flywheel is in good shape? If this sheers the flywheel will still appear to be fine but will put your ignition timing way way off.

One other possibility to check out, have you made sure that the key between the crank and flywheel is in good shape? If this sheers the flywheel will still appear to be fine but will put your ignition timing way way off.
thanks but i changed it to an electric setup,thanks anyway though

Cool, some of the electric technology available today is mind blowing! Make sure to post some videos! Just curious do you still have the engine? Interested in selling it?

i do still have the engine,but i'm not sure how we could do the exchange?
i do not have access to ebay anymore, i guess we could do a money order or check if you feel comfortable with it. is $120 too much?
let me know, we can work something out .

I don't have anything to make a video on,but i will if i get one.

mike

Cool, some of the electric technology available today is mind blowing! Make sure to post some videos! Just curious do you still have the engine? Interested in selling it?

Maxxheadroom, i would include 2 carbs,2 extra spark plugs a 6000rpm clutch,the 8000rpm clutch is still on thecar,the engine and exhaust all for $140, let me know i'd really like to get rid of this damn thing.

mike

Brother i noticed you said in your post earlier that you shut the engine down and after that it would not start again, i believe you have a stuck shut down button the one you use to kill the engine. It happen to me once thinking it was the card sprk plug and even the coil but ended being the kill switch located on the engine cover. Such a simple problem staring me in the face and did not noticed it till i have spended all sorts of cash. It's worth a shot to take a look at it and if you have the skills remove the switch from one prong to see if the switch is the baddie. :D

Brother i noticed you said in your post earlier that you shut the engine down and after that it would not start again, i believe you have a stuck shut down button the one you use to kill the engine. It happen to me once thinking it was the card sprk plug and even the coil but ended being the kill switch located on the engine cover. Such a simple problem staring me in the face and did not noticed it till i have spended all sorts of cash. It's worth a shot to take a look at it and if you have the skills remove the switch from one prong to see if the switch is the baddie. :D
hmm , thats interesting,but i already spent the money and coverted it over to electric,but thanks for the info

Check your fly wheel fan whatever mine was loose and the ignition coil it was loose on mine also and if it is check the key on the crank shaft to see if it still in place and in good condition. Mine was all messed up from my fan being loose.

Check your fly wheel fan whatever mine was loose and the ignition coil it was loose on mine also and if it is check the key on the crank shaft to see if it still in place and in good condition. Mine was all messed up from my fan being loose.

thanks but i converted it to electric,less aggravation

crank help

Can i take my 26cc crank and use it in my 30.5 if i take the30.5 piston and put it on the 26 crank and then take the copper gasket out?will that work? Please help!!!!!

Can i take my 26cc crank and use it in my 30.5 if i take the30.5 piston and put it on the 26 crank and then take the copper gasket out?will that work? Please help!!!!!

sry man , i really can't answer that question,call HPI if its an HPI baja, if its a King motor,then contact them by email,i'm sure some one will be able to help you.

mike

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks