My Marder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used this stuff http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_189682_langId_-1_categoryId_165625

works great easy to use and with some araldite only took 10 mins..plus there is enough left over to mesh the engine about 10 times..

cheers buddy!

thats the exact stuff ive been looking at as well, so i'll pop to halfords and grab some today :D

yeah all was fine with mine until i went for a little jump and the engine stalled!

the stone must of been stuck there waiting to fall :rolleyes:, lesson learnt as you say though!

Hi, yeah live in Brighton. Check out Sussex Bashers on facebook/msuk. We have an off track now here's a cool video put together from racing footage a few weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,
Sunday 30th september is the next meet. Yeah you do need a remote kill, for good reason. Its a good bunch of people with a few organised races with the remainder of the time being a free for all, so nothing too serious. Hope to see you down there.

Ask to join the Facebook group then you will receive bash dates and obviously all photo's and videos.

cheers

Yeah having mine on the 3rd channel is a lot easier as well as safer!

He's planning to get one though as we'd both like to pop down! Be good to meet like minded people local to us!

I should be free on the 30th of sept! Might come as spectators first !

I shall have a look for the group on fb now, not that I go on very often!

well ive done a few more bits to the marder!

first off was to do the mesh mod! which went quite well and didnt take long at all

8006664789_6ddb115ed4_c.jpg
Untitled by onslack, on Flickr

the start of my master piece, the first section cut

8006667276_bfe6254d9d_c.jpg

poopy blurry pic of the first few bits stuck on

8006663643_92bbd36647_c.jpg

some more bits stuck on

8006666240_4ef1051e53_c.jpg

had a few other goodies turn up from ebay, another spoiler as the one i have is too good to wreck with the amount of crashing i do ( same goes for the shell) LOL,alloy upper arms, which ive still got to fit and some other front hubs until i can get some alloy ones!

8006665259_b21deb2ac5_c.jpg

i only managed to fit the hub(s) and spoiler as i was getting ready to head back to a quarry for a bash!

8006661719_b797255e40_c.jpg

while the engine was out i also decided to re -terminate my kill switch on to my engine stop/kill button as i wasnt happy with the way the solder went on and had a feeling that it'll fall off, which i did when i removed the rubber boot!

so a new terminal was added to both sides

8006665642_9bfe333504_c.jpg

ive also added another terminal/connector to the wires that run from the kill switch to my kill/stop button so i can remove my engine and just unplug the connector without having to remove other bits, made my life easier already, but i need a pic of that :eek:

more as it happens :w00t:

I cant belive u get away with stripping them in ya mates living room my other half wont have none of that.

some how his mom doesn't mind too much lol

but if you think thats bad we did this while she popped out one eve LOL

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

rebuilt my cars boottom end in his front room :lol:

Good work i would get crusified if i did that i got caught the other week on my day off with my buggy in bits on a blanket in lounge and id removed engine and fuel tank and left out side and still got a look that would kill. Lol :D

Sbrc?

Hi Mate,
Did you make it to the Sussex bashers on Sunday?

I couldn't make it unfortunately.

Was just thinking that quarry you go to looks a good spot, would like to try to make it over one day.

I see your after ally front hubs...me too, i have a cont problem with the bolts for the upper and lower wishbones pulling out even with the cable tie mod....trouble is the ally ones always seem to go for big money.....so I will probably be bidding against you soon :)

cheers

Hey buddy,

Yeah we did make it down to have a browse on Sunday, didn't race though!

That quarry was an awesome spot but we've nicked named it the marder killer as the size of the rocks there cause a fair bit of damage!

We're going to have a look for somewhere else! Which causes a little less damage!

You know your in trouble when you get the look!

What buggy do you own?

I got a marder keep trying to post pics but cant seem to work out how. it was standerd but just hit ebay and got alloy rear end fitted and alloy front end on way fitted front disk brakes and now have rears to fit when hubs arrive. Wonce im done i should end up with a pair.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks