My MCD EVO3 Baja 1000 snapping left rear axle!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dscjester

Hey guys. I'm not sure if this is the right section, but there was no evo3 section. So here it goes. As the title states, everytime I go out with my MCD, I break the left rear axle. It's the outer drive cup where the wheel bolts onto. Now I talked to a fellow MCD owner a couple of weeks ago and he said that he had the same problem but sold it and got a V4 MCD and said they fixed that problem with beefier axles and all. Now, does anyone else experience this problem? How have you fixed it? And can I swap over V4 cups,axles and hubs to a EVO3. Any help would be great. I barely drive this one and want to get it out. Thanks

Evo 4 Conversion...

http://www.largescalerc.com/141100s0-evo1-2-3toevo4wheeladapterset.aspx

Do you have any binding in the hub bearings?
Driveshaft angle?
Is the wheelbase set properly, so you aren't binding the driveshafts by using an improper angle, etc.
This is from regular running, not jumping?

I run the Evo 1 & 2 Rallies. They use a very similar setup, but I haven't had this problem. A little more information might be useful.

Do you have any binding in the hub bearings?
Driveshaft angle?
Is the wheelbase set properly, so you aren't binding the driveshafts by using an improper angle, etc.
This is from regular running, not jumping?

I run the Evo 1 & 2 Rallies. They use a very similar setup, but I haven't had this problem. A little more information might be useful.

The angles are stock setup. The truck is used offroad and have jumped a couple of times but this problem happens when I punch the throttle! I'm running a OBR 30.5 Full Mod ported with alot of torque! There is no binding. Thanks for the link! I only had this problem since installing the motor. So that was what I was thinking was the problem. I am going to go through it during my winter rebuild.

i've heard a few people in the past talk about the same issue your having and it was with the evo 3 version. I don't know if it was a defect in the material used to make the part or exactly what was causing the problem. If you'd like you can over to the MCD racing forum and check with those guys over there. Was that the original axle that broke or a replacement axle?

This axle was the 3rd replacement. I signed up for the MCD forum. Just waiting on the clearance. I am going to get this upgrade V4 kit.

This axle was the 3rd replacement. I signed up for the MCD forum. Just waiting on the clearance. I am going to get this upgrade V4 kit.
Good luck have been waiting 3 months,to join that forum,registered like 3 times,im starting to think its a big joke,but anyways on your hpi wheels fitting,they make some adapters,large scale sells them.

Good luck have been waiting 3 months,to join that forum,registered like 3 times,im starting to think its a big joke,but anyways on your hpi wheels fitting,they make some adapters,large scale sells them.

You to! I still have not heard a reply. Oh well! I'll keep my MCD questions on here. Thanks, I'll check them out. I guess just get the ones for the V4 axles?

Everything has been inspected repeatedly. And the thickness difference between the the 2 axles is night and day. I'm hoping to get them mounted this weekend. Thanks

At our club we have around 10-12 MCD’s racing and what i have learnt and watched they would have to be one of the most expensive rc’s to run and what a piece of junk they are.

Owners would get poor run times from them as there’s always something failing.I was going to buy one but seeing what these guys have to do in keeping them running ,just is not worth the money or effort.

Most of them waiting to see what the new losi 5 will be like as a replacement.

Thanks for the help. :lol: The Losi setup is a way less complicated 4wd setup without the added weight. I have to agree tho, This thing has had more down time due to breakage. And not even driving it long! I would hope the V4 is a much better rig. But I would never get another one.

Hey guys. Went to install this kit this weekend and looks alot better then the stockers. But when I went to install the the wheel hexes onto the axle, there was so much slop! I even bought the V4 HPI wheel adapters and it was the same exact thing. This is the kit

So I called LSRC and they had no answer for me at this time. And being they are out of stock, they could not help. So they told me to send them back. Which I did yesterday. Has anyone else experienced this with this kit? Thanks

I had the same problem with the Evo3 and fixed it with new axles as there seemed to be problems with the material they used my motor is over 6hp and will let everyone know how it holds up as everything is now BN

I have only used stock I was going to upgrade but when my friend who upgraded showed me the conversion I decided not to waste my money as the slop was to much to justify changing the whole setup the only parts that on both my MCD are plastic are the suspension as I am hard on my toys and after wrecking an ultimate I figured quick I was meant to run plastic

So he is running the conversion kit with the slop in the wheel hexes? I spoke to Scott at LSRC and he said there is a problem and they are going to look into it. They said they were going to call the manufacter about this.

Hey guys. Just a update. Got these axles back from Largescale RC. They said there was a error on the manufacters end. They just through V4 wheel adapters in the kit figuring they would fit without checking them. So after many calls and emails back and forth, LSRC took care of the problem and even made me a set of Custom wheel adapters to run HPI Wheels. There is minimal slop now. Can't wait to mount them and beat on them and see how they hold up. Thanls for everyone's help. I'll keep you all up to date.

At our club we have around 10-12 MCD’s racing and what i have learnt and watched they would have to be one of the most expensive rc’s to run and what a piece of junk they are.

Owners would get poor run times from them as there’s always something failing.I was going to buy one but seeing what these guys have to do in keeping them running ,just is not worth the money or effort.

Most of them waiting to see what the new losi 5 will be like as a replacement.

i have ran my v4 for a year now no major problems as far as the mcd being junk i don't think you know what your talking about

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks