My new Baja 5T images

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabidfox50

As requested, here are a few shots of my new KM Baja 5T. Blue factory painted body (side graphics painted into the main color, not stickers). Shockwears installed. HPI HD aluminum clutch carrier installed. Killer RC limiting cables on as well. Came with a 30.5 cc Fuelie motor. I ditched the KM radio for my Futaba. Waiting on Fast Eddy steering shim kit, Turtle front plate Turtle rear shock brace. Proline Trencher tires and Desperado wheels (not the KM knockoffs).
IMG_1099_zpsuxmadsbr.jpg

IMG_1094_zpsrn77kgpt.jpg

IMG_1095_zps6t0ys8re.jpg
IMG_1096_zpsydmk8zvn.jpg
IMG_1097_zps8hlixyga.jpg

IMG_1100_zps4sij78yk.jpg
IMG_1101_zpstya0wmf6.jpg

I am a little disappointed in the body. Seems pretty thin for a 1/5 scale. I've been looking at clear bodies and the HPI is $169. Wow, guess I will wait til this blue one is toast. :wideyed:

Yeah for the price of HPI body I would go with woodster lidz. $100 plus shipping. Stronger than HPI for less money. A buddy of mine has the stock Rovan body and the back end folded and cracked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you get away with reinforcing the body w gorilla tape? Truck looks nice, I missed mine when it was so shinny and pretty, makes me buy a 5T so the baja is not alone, je je.

Thanks for sharing ☺

Can you get away with reinforcing the body w gorilla tape? Truck looks nice, I missed mine when it was so shinny and pretty, makes me buy a 5T so the baja is not alone, je je.

Thanks for sharing ☺
You read my mind. I usually tape my 1/8 and 1/10 bodies. I,m going to use this body for break in and messing around so I will make it last. I need to do the tear down and wait for the rear top plate from Turtle Racing. The Kraken hinge pins look pretty sweet. Might get a set soon.

This is proof that even rich people buy clones, ja ja!

jk, the house is very nicely decorated, those counter tops are expensive.

Thanks for sharing ☺
Another good was to reinforce the body is shoe goo and fiberglass mesh. Did that to my bug body

This is proof that even rich people buy clones, ja ja!

jk, the house is very nicely decorated, those counter tops are expensive.

My wife has mad decorating skills. Bought the house six years ago after the housing bust for a real good price. It was a foreclosure and needed lots of work. Took us three years to get it to what you see. DIY mostly. Counter tops were already installed.

Another thing I noticed with the rear hinge pin brace is the metal is not hat strong and bends east. In the process of shimming the front and rear suspension to get rid of some of the slop, I removed the rear brace and it was bent. I straightened it out OK but man was it easy to bend. I have a friend that works with carbon fiber aircraft parts that can duplicate the brace for me. I may have to take him up on the offer.

Another thing I noticed with the rear hinge pin brace is the metal is not hat strong and bends east.

Thats strange, on mine, and you all well know, the baja takes a beating, and those plates you are talking about are as good as new on mine. I have landed mine where I hear the slap sound of the bottom of the car against the grass surface, it breaks steering linkage, arm bolts, but the plates are fine, no bending. There is some play, but its normal to me, the same is for the X2. To minimize I placed some washers, and used automobile vacuum line, which has about the same inner diameter as the pins, as spacers, and is super strong polyurethane plastic/rubber material.

Thats strange, on mine, and you all well know, the baja takes a beating, and those plates you are talking about are as good as new on mine. I have landed mine where I hear the slap sound of the bottom of the car against the grass surface, it breaks steering linkage, arm bolts, but the plates are fine, no bending. There is some play, but its normal to me, the same is for the X2. To minimize I placed some washers, and used automobile vacuum line, which has about the same inner diameter as the pins, as spacers, and is super strong polyurethane plastic/rubber material.

The rear plate was bent badly so in fixing it I noticed the aluminum was very easy to bend. Not good quality. I am ordering the HPI plates. I'm thinking batch this plate came from is a bad one and someone screwed up the metalergy.

Have you been able to drive the truck?

How are the electronics, servos, radio... ?

I tested the servos and they are working. I opted on using a Spektrum radio (DX3R) instead of the KM. I originally wanted to use my new Futaba but only had one receiver which is in my RC8T. I had two extra Spektrum receivers from two recent rigs I sold. Still waiting on parts from Dan to run the break in. They should be here by the end of the week.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks