My new Baja1000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to adding the extension stingers for the x-can co I can finally have a run with the body on. Ended up not using the 6" x-can ones as I thought these stainless ones added a little more realism. Dunno how well they will hold up as im using 2 of the HPI Baja silicone stinger couplers to hold them on but hopefully will be ok.

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

What engines is everyone running. I just got a Zenoah G260 race ported with Reed for my FG MT and it is awesome. I am looking at getting a Racerunner and I want the most power out of the box instead of adding later. I will add a JetPro when I spoke with LargeScaleRC they really like the CY29cc, they don't like the ported-reed kit engines, and also say there is not enought difference between the 29cc and 30.5cc to justify the additional cost. I was looking at 3 options. 27.2 Race ported reed Zenoah, the CY29cc, and the 30.5cc race ported with reed. Any experience with these on teh MCDs.

Thanks alot

Out of those choices the 29cc, I would say would be best !! I have seen all of those run & have one with a 29 in it. It is great with a jetpro !! The MCD seems to like the torque of a stroked engine. The porting does not seem to be an advantage, & I personally don't like the stacked head gaskets of a 30.5.

29 cc with jetpro is what i run so does my bro and bad obsession on here plenty of power for the car plus the 29cc is the most reliable engine out of the 29cc and the 30.5 and the zen 27 might be another option as mentioned but i don't know how this motor fairs against the other 2

PowerSlideRacing, you may already know this, but you can remove your pipe, fill it with water, plug the ends and freeze it. As the water expands, it will push out dents in the metal pipe. It will not be perfect, but it will help if your pipe is really bad off. You might try filling it about 4/5ths of the way full and do it more than once in order to stretch it back out slowly, little by little, to avoid making the pipe expand farther than its original size. :mellow: It worked for me with a Savage pipe after I landed sideways on a rail.

The bend was worse than the dent, the pipe was hard up against one of the wheels and had pushed the motor a long way from where it is supposed to sit(probably good thing theres a lot of plastic mounts and stuff that flexed otherwise would probably have pushed the cylinder off the crankcase). I've got plenty more on the shelf so for me it was easier to just fit a new one.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks