my new fg sportsline mclaren zen 23cc RP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
timmahh i seen them to on ebay i am sure the 2 brothers ones are lightning ones like i run they look pretty good there are lightning cars wcm cars and pro 1 cars and cat 5 cars and gram cracker cars you can get new rollers for like 1500 -1600 bodys are like 125.00 and your electronics you will need once you get car its pretty cheap to race. fuel and you pay race day fee and you will have to join qsac you pay once year fee and you can race all over the country with your qsac card and you have to pay race day fee at all tracks our track is the largest club in the country right now GREAT LAKES QUARTERSCALE RACERS. everone is pretty nice and we help all new people to get there cars hooked up .our club members have all the different car manufactures but pro 1. lightnings ,,wcms ,, cram cracker we have a test and tune day on our schedule when we can practice that would be a good time to come check out cars before you buy one or if you buy one before that bring it and try it out all these cars are good its all on the way you set them up to go around track thats the fun part alot of adjustments just like real stock cars i have all lightnings and stuck to them from begining. alot of guys tried one car then switched its all in your preference.i have lightnings and alot of parts so it would be to expensive to switch cars and have to stock up on new parts again like i said once you get car you can race it all year on the tires you get with car as long you don't wreck but we all wreck. just need spare belts plugs go through alot of heim joints when you crash these bend before your a-arms get damaged on the front ends . it depends you might hit hard on the front and nothing happens or you might glaze wall boards and bend one i can go on and on you have to see cars to see what i am talking about

THanx for the input. we re kicking around the options. those 3 curretnly on ebay seem pretty good. the one that sold tonight was a Pro 1 04 with 05 upgrades, went of 650 and 50 ship. not to bad.

but one side i look at before buying is bashing driving. never being on a track before and only bashing, i would want to get Comfy with the car to get the feel of it before i came down, and then ofcourse drive it in some of our local Large Lots as a 2 hr trip to lansing isnt always a possibility. whats the General concensous on this? do alot of these guys drive the cars else where besides a track to work on set up and adjustments, or to just get that 20 minute fix if they cant make it to the track? lol

as much as id like to jump in, atm i think a good thing to do would be to bring down and run the 1/5s as we have already been invited to do, and spend a few days down there amonst you all get more info and see them first hand.

My xroads is i have Always loved F1s, ever since a kidlet, so ive been thinking on getting one. but theres no place to run a 1/4 scale F1, or stock cars, or 1/5 scale onroads beside local lot bashin and the Lansing track. and I cant exactly run with the 1/4 stockers you guys run as the F1s are open wheel.
so to race anything sanctioned or the like, its outlaw or lansing. i like nascar but i love f1s. Harris is the opposite, he loves nascar and likes F1. lol

its a toss up. let me ask if you don't mind me asking. how much a yr approximatly do you spend to run the 1/4s? only talking part/tires/QSAC fees track fees. no travel, lodgeing or those expenses, just the car related expenses.
Thanx for the info. i think we are planning on making it down the 20th of April for the tune/practice day. Thats a month plus away, so you never know what will happen between then and now.
Timmahh

Harris,

I don't want to be annoying but your car seems to be a little outdated. The suspension look like F1 style with horizontal shocks in the front but, never the less it's ok for having fun anywhere.

One thing you might consider is to mount those tyres in the right position. Those are PMT Kronos tyres witch are very good ones but they should be mounted in the right driving direction (although PMT doesn't state that). I've learned this since I'm into racing (not pro level, but serious racing) and I've "melted" a pair os this tyres in just half and hour because I've mounted them in the wrong position.

Here is a pict of your car, and I've marked the reference point (the red circle):

Pneu.gif

That little tip of the groove must be pointing to the back of the car and not to the front as it is in this pict.

If you mount the tyres in the wrong rotating direction, they will generate more heat than they should and this will result on a faster wear of the tyre.
Mounting the tyre with that tip facing backwards, they will warm up as they should and they last longer.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks