my new toy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to say this but if there was one thing I would advise against, it's that brace - mega damage waiting to happen if you have a shunt - I've seen it many times. A chassis should be able to flex a bit, thats why the carbon strips were fitted, yes they stiffen the chassis but it can still move.

Glad you've got your brakes sorted.

My engines don't have a choke - I hold the throttle on full for 3 pulls, let it off then pull it 2 or three more times and it starts, once it's been warmed up it'll start 1st or second pull for the rest of the day.

i know where your coming from with the brace but i think its what saved the bug when i hit the post

what a nice day so i thought it was about time i took some outdoor pics of my fg's in the garden i didnt want to dirty the on roads wheels or plonk the car on the grass so she sat on the trailer hooked up to the bug,the final decals have been fitted only took the sign makers 2 weeks but poop happens they say,my oddie order is in the post and will be here tommorrow ians built and run in the engine and also as a good will gesture for the delay[down to customs sitting on there arses smoking the crack they find] has chucked in a lighened and balenced flywheel even though i ordered it with out one,so im putting that onto the 23cc oddie thats allready got fg quick release and fg adjustable 4 block clutch fitted so that should change the touring car a little i think,im going to try it on the gears fitted 24/40 but might try the 20/44 that i brought for the bug

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

what a nice day so i thought it was about time i took some outdoor pics of my fg's in the garden i didnt want to dirty the on roads wheels or plonk the car on the grass so she sat on the trailer hooked up to the bug,the final decals have been fitted only took the sign makers 2 weeks but poop happens they say,my oddie order is in the post and will be here tommorrow ians built and run in the engine and also as a good will gesture for the delay[down to customs sitting on there arses smoking the crack they find] has chucked in a lighened and balenced flywheel even though i ordered it with out one,so im putting that onto the 23cc oddie thats allready got fg quick release and fg adjustable 4 block clutch fitted so that should change the touring car a little i think,im going to try it on the gears fitted 24/40 but might try the 20/44 that i brought for the bug

Loving the garden and trailer shots!!
Just a couple of thoughts, as always ...

That trailer can't be giving the smoothest of rides with those spikes ...
If you do tow it around, the Bug'll be spewing oil smoke onto the nice clean on-road ..... :w00t::w00t::lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:;)

They look great mate.
Still waiting for Ian to quote me on off-road shoes ...

Al.

Loving the garden and trailer shots!!
Just a couple of thoughts, as always ...

That trailer can't be giving the smoothest of rides with those spikes ...
If you do tow it around, the Bug'll be spewing oil smoke onto the nice clean on-road ..... :w00t::w00t::lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:;)

They look great mate.
Still waiting for Ian to quote me on off-road shoes ...

Al.

ive never used it mate it was im going to make a trailer moment turned out ok im going to make a tyre rack and maybe fit a winch,and how dare you say my bug spews out oil smoke it just releases pent up anger from deep inside the oddie power house

shes now fitted with 23cc and fg clutch plus ecu lead its also been fitted with a lightened and balenced fly wheel from ian as a good will gesture for delay which was not even down to him but custom monkeys,ive fired the car up and given it some revs and it sounds so different and feels much more snappy and responsive than the stock 23cc 2 bolt thats been robbed of its carb and shoved in the spares department/box

gave the front end a strip down check and clean changed the top wishbone hinge pins as they had seized up wagon gave me a pair of mcd ultimate ones that fit a treat plus there nut and bolt set up cleaned the shocks up and re fitted everything i changed the castor a fraction as the wheels didnt quite line up with the arches but looks fine now and all moves free,have been all over car since last outing and alls good to go

well funny you mentioned that i think im going to put touring car wheels on the trailer and have the bmw do the donkey work plus you cant drive the bm onto the trailer but the bugs ok hmmm you got me thinking now bmw towbar coming up

modded my air box to let more air in i realy want a mf carbon one but funds say sorry youve spent out so plan b cut mine up looks much better will try as soon as i can,im going to run different compound tyres this time as last time i was running pmt kronos 15 and 5 i think thats soft and super soft i want to try it on b and c next

ok i think im happy with bugs gearing ratio so the gears i brought i decided to use for the on road instead yeah there 20/44 so probaly under geared but im going to be drifting anyway so should be perfect ratio for that plus its a quick job to change them so worth a try

few upgrades all ebay bargains,rear bumper i think made by m&r racing same make as brace,a vented comp clutchbell,and a rear ball and socket anti roll bar which is mint and only cost £9.50+p+p,i have also won on ebay a front set of megatech hydros with fibre 70mm discs and steel pads waiting for these to get here before i decide which car to fit them to but its looking like there going on this,plus ive replaced most bolts screws and nuts for stainless steel ones

plus a little mod ive fitted a return spring to the carb just in case it gets stuck open or anything like that

cheers mate it helps not using it lol just haven't had time to even breath for the last couple of weeks,,but wagons just built his 1/5 megane nutter bastard machine so will be out drifting soon im not using it till i get my hydros fitted to the front

Looking good mate, would put a better battery connector on it as the Tamiya ones are sh#t.
I used to have the old FG comp in 2000 the same as that and I put every bit of carbon I could buy on it, cost me a fortune...

at the moment this stands me in less than the engine in the bug cost to build,im trying real hard to keep this real and not go crazy over budget like the bug,i stoped counting the cost of that thing

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks