My old Savage son returns !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar_Bus

Sold this to my nephew back in 2006 . My first of three , and this one has some pretty cool mods. I though this one I sold with a Collari .30 but I guess not. I did some sleuthing and this has an Axial .32 Spec1 . Engine top end still has an excellent pinch and I guess all's I did was break it in prior to selling it . My nephew commented he only put about 4 or 5 hrs max. I think I may tear the engine down and have a look at the bearings for any rust. This rig has sat for a long time, but the engine turns over silky smooth. doesn't look like anything is overly worn out. Seriously the truck looks to be in excellent shape. This rig also has a 3 speed and reverse . Still going to tear it down and inspect (not like there's any rush to get outside) I got about 13" of snow and another ice/sleet storm coming tomorrow. I also got a good deal on a Savage 4.6 roller chassis for parts. Should be able to build a really nice S25/4.6 Franken-truck.

DSCF1261[1].JPGDSCF1262[1].JPG

And here's the roller I have an accepted offer from the seller on :

Hpi Savage Xl 3 speed Rolling Chassis Nitro | eBay

Will that Force .38 fit the stock savage engine mount ? In the past I've had to do some "relief" work to the inside edges of the savage engine mount so the .30+ engine blocks will fit.

Will that Force .38 fit the stock savage engine mount ? In the past I've had to do some "relief" work to the inside edges of the savage engine mount so the .30+ engine blocks will fit.
don't know yet. Still finding savage parts to see if I have enough to put another together. If i do I'll find out, but I cant see how it wouldnt fit the big block mount like in the xl.

don't know yet. Still finding savage parts to see if I have enough to put another together. If i do I'll find out, but I cant see how it wouldnt fit the big block mount like in the xl.
If your stuck on missing parts, pm me ill see if i can hook you up.
You may have luck buying some adjustable motor mounts. I still have a pair floating aroundView attachment 69787
Those are typical buggy mounts. The Savages use an oddball 1pc mount . It would take some advanced fabrication to get buggy mounts to work in a Savage chassis.

Well, all torn down. Found some issues but overall i'm just seeing typical wear and tear. Last couple days have been spent doing a trans teardown and maintenance. Greased all the bearings (they needed it) . Cleaned all the gears , did some shaft shimming to rid any axial end play movement. One interesting fact is I got my used 5.9 roller and I noticed HPI redesigned the trans case from my old S25. The new case you can unbolt the top half and remove the gearset (with the trans still bolted in the chassis ? Regardless I'm using the 5.9 trans in my old S25 build. I also plan on using the 5.9's updated radio rx box. I like the new design easy access cover. The old design was a royal PIA to pry open the lid for access.

DSCF1266[1].JPG

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks