My old xrc2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin_

My old xrc2 (new video page 2)

I bought that RC a long time ago and modified it for better reliability and better handling.

Mod are done since a long time, complete hpi 5b front end, rear hpi lower arm with FLM 155mm dogbone, hpi ss differential and an adapter to fitt the xrc diff gear on it.

I also installed an FG two speed steel gear.

Ratio are 17/46 on the diff, 16/48 first gear and 20/44 second gear.

Engine mount, clutch holder, bulkhead, arm holder, all home made from aluminum.

CY27 engine with OBR reed kit, I reed ported the engine and added 2 boost port, and make some work at the exhaust port, as usual.

Home made pipe.......

Here some pics of that thing..... :blush: I also make a small video but here this is the winter season and that crap is incontrollable on the ice and snow, this is the first time I drive it since november 09.

Attachments

• xrc2.jpg
    xrc2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 90
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 77
  • mid view.jpg
    mid view.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 86
  • rear side.jpg
    rear side.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 90
  • rear diff.jpg
    rear diff.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 88
Last edited by a moderator:
This is not straight two gear I put like this, but a 2-speed already available for FG application, not the factory aluminum/plastic, but an aftermarket steel case hardened unit.

Brake are behind the gear, not yet installed when I take the photo.

I remember when they first came out, they needed alot of work and buy the looks of it you put our hart into it looks real sweet :cool2:.
If you google it there are a few online shops that do parts

I remember when they first came out, they needed alot of work and buy the looks of it you put our hart into it looks real sweet :cool2:.
If you google it there are a few online shops that do parts

that is true mate but the most of the parts are still made from that cheap plastic there's not much alloy parts for the xrc unless to mod it with parts from other fg's or make them yourself like i did with the front end

Attachments

• upgrade.1.jpg
    upgrade.1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 42
Yep there is some online shops where we can buy XRC parts.

In fact this buggy design can not handle any off road abuse, this is on-road car with an added roll-cage and off road buggy tire, bad idea......!!!

Heres the story, I bought two used XRC for 400$ with a big box of spare parts, lots of FG steel gears, axle, diff output cup, mielke pipe, etc..... The first buggy came with a CY27 and the 2nd with some broken parts, I repaired the 2nd XRC and sold it for 450$, so.... It cost me nothing to keep the first Buggy with tons of parts.

However....... I don't want to talk bad about XRC, but this is the crappiest thing I ever bought in my life, before I did the aluminum modif, I've never been able to ride more than 2 minutes without breaking something, and always the same thing, with the CY27 I can expect around 2 minute before to break a diff output cup, I fix the problem, but I start to strip (break tooth) on spur gear, I fix again the problem then I start to break clutch bell and axle.....

This is why I made all the aluminum modif, and replacer all ARM, hubs, differential, complete front end with HPI parts.

Here 2 old pic I found of the first aluminum prototype:

Attachments

• Photo2 001.jpg
    Photo2 001.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Photo2 003.jpg
    Photo2 003.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 60
Yep there is some online shops where we can buy XRC parts.

In fact this buggy design can not handle any off road abuse, this is on-road car with an added roll-cage and off road buggy tire, bad idea......!!!

Heres the story, I bought two used XRC for 400$ with a big box of spare parts, lots of FG steel gears, axle, diff output cup, mielke pipe, etc..... The first buggy came with a CY27 and the 2nd with some broken parts, I repaired the 2nd XRC and sold it for 450$, so.... It cost me nothing to keep the first Buggy with tons of parts.

However....... I don't want to talk bad about XRC, but this is the crappiest thing I ever bought in my life, before I did the aluminum modif, I've never been able to ride more than 2 minutes without breaking something, and always the same thing, with the CY27 I can expect around 2 minute before to break a diff output cup, I fix the problem, but I start to strip (break tooth) on spur gear, I fix again the problem then I start to break clutch bell and axle.....

This is why I made all the aluminum modif, and replacer all ARM, hubs, differential, complete front end with HPI parts.

Here 2 old pic I found of the first aluminum prototype:

thanks for the pic's
you must love that xrc with all the mod's you are doing to it and yes it is the cheap end of the 1/5th rc market many parts are made from cheap plastic and break easy like i read somewhere driver hard paid hard. but it's nice to see someone doing something good with the xrc.

that is true mate but the most of the parts are still made from that cheap plastic there's not much alloy parts for the xrc unless to mod it with parts from other fg's or make them yourself like i did with the front end

I was sure there were some alloy upgrades from the factory ive seen them on the web, if i find them ill put them up for ye.

Hi martin nice mod on the diff holder but if you took it a bit further you could of made a hinged pin lower wishbones just like elcon and fg guys do

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/ls...-tuning.hinterachse.ha_buggy_und_monster,.htm

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/ls...-tuning.hinterachse.ha_buggy_und_monster,.htm

Cheers sickboy
Mastiff06 as e-mailed a company called technokit who do the supercross which looks like the twin of the xrc and they sent him parts of alloy make that the xrc user can use.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks