My old xrc2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here some video of the first bashing this years...... at this time of the year this is the only place I can play, because there is still too much snow in my favorite area in this sand pit, what you see in the video is only 10% of that big place...... there is more funny place behind the big dune, and awesome hill climbing area.

To remember the set-up, this is a CY27 maxed with a two speed, you will also see sometime it get stuck in second gear, dust and sand make the two speed mechanism a little lazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice job martin she flys, when u say gears could i just fit 2 clutch gears an 2 back gears, would this work if they,d fit???, good vids mate shes an animal

Now almost an home made buggy... :lol:

Carbon fiber chassis 8mm tick, new aluminum gear plate and layshaft support, the engine looks new but it's only for test purpose.

As for the rigidity with all the brace, I supported under both ends with two bloc and I can put my weight in the center and shift my weight up and down without any flex, the resistance is incredible and probably more than necessary, + it took away almost 5 pounds in total with these carbon fiber parts, it's a very light RC.

Attachments

• Photo2 001.jpg
    Photo2 001.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 48
Now almost an home made buggy... :lol:

Carbon fiber chassis 8mm tick, new aluminum gear plate and layshaft support, the engine looks new but it's only for test purpose.

As for the rigidity with all the brace, I supported under both ends with two bloc and I can put my weight in the center and shift my weight up and down without any flex, the resistance is incredible and probably more than necessary, + it took away almost 5 pounds in total with these carbon fiber parts, it's a very light RC.

awesome work martin..she's going to fly..hope there will be a vid of your work.

whats the best upgrades for a standard xrc, exhaust an what carb?, any changes to bottom end? need more power after watching these vids,

The very first thing you have to do on a standard 23cc XRC is to change the gear for a smaller ratio.

Actually you have a ratio of 4.99:1 (24/40) on that thing, it's way to high, the engine is litterally killed, It's the same thing if someone put 25/49 gear on a HPI baja, even a 30.5 cc cannot handle that ratio very well as a single speed with off road wheel/tire.

You can use any FG gear, I suggest 18/46 for a good overall ratio.

However, you will start to break diff cup and dogbone, they are made of soft steel even not hardened loll...!!! but you can uppgrade for FG stuff.

The best pipe I can suggest you on that thing is the ''Big power pipe'' from Mielke, it's an awesome pipe, a little expensive but........

Also put an HPI air filter assembly, you may need to raise the roll cage a little.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks