My review of the Walbro 813

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review on the carb. Hey Bigger the Better, can you give an update on that 28.5 kit and carb when its done? I just ordered the same one with the DDM V1 pipe for my 5b. (got the ported kit for $115) Think I'll change the carb later too if it works good for you. Thanks, and keep up the good usefull threads!!!

Great review on the carb. Hey Bigger the Better, can you give an update on that 28.5 kit and carb when its done? I just ordered the same one with the DDM V1 pipe for my 5b. (got the ported kit for $115) Think I'll change the carb later too if it works good for you. Thanks, and keep up the good usefull threads!!!

Sure will.;)

No Trip, r is for Ron. I'll check the family tree, Red may be a distant relation. Come to think of it grandpa did use a lot of duct tape on the farm!!! Lol.
I'm new to the large scale, just picked up a new 5b 2.0 befor x mas. Was tired of the nitro tuning blues. Ran it a few times in the snow, and can't wait for spring to really try it out. So far all I have done is install a proline under tray. Pipe and 28.5 head kit is on its way from DDM because I need power! Used to my Jato and big block T-Maxx. So far I can't say enough about my new 5b. Its going to be a good summer full of running not tuning and frustration.
Looking forward to your review Bigger the Better!
Remeber, were all in this together! And keep your stick on they ice!!

Last edited:
Love it!!!
I have the "We can't help it we're men" dvd, one of the best dvd's I own! There is a bunch of his vids bootlegged on youtube...

Yeah, the need for speed is a very expensive need! Largescale is a whole differnt animal from a T-Maxx or a Jato, (I've owned both) I even have a Shumacher Xtreme 3re... That's a radical machine with a Nova-Rossi 11 port on it. Got her up to 97mph before it blew over and I was still in second gear with a Bunch more to go!

Large scales are just as much fun, but I think they are easier to control. Partially because they are easier to see when you get to be an old fart like me!

Nothing draws a crowd like a largescale screamin at 20,000 rpm past an LST or a Savage. I LOVE smoking Savages with the front tires in the air with my mt!

Tuning is pretty much a set it and forget it operation, I tune my rigs twice a year, that's it!

"I'm pullin for ya..."

Such a simple show yet so real as far as most men are most happy when life is simple. My fav part of the show was always the adventures with Bill. He cracked me up!
Like I said, can't wait for spring to realy pound on this 5b. Think my max will be left to rot!

Prime, pump and pull, Voila it's running.

Nope, Prime, pump and pull, pump and pull, pump and pull, pump and pull, pump and pull, pump and pull, Voila it's running.

Im pretty sure you are supposed to use a choke with this carb aswell, i have one on my MT. Mounted a choke on the plastic plate that holds the air filter. Works like a charm.

Prime, pump 4 or 5 times, pull.
Generally 9 out of 10 is 1st or 2nd pull.
Never a problem once I sorted out the prime thing (thanks Trip - previous post somewhere).

The one time it wasn't was when I had an air leak.
Al.

I just put up a tuning vid... It's 8F/ -13C all I did was prime the ball 4 times, pumped the trigger 12 times and it fired on the first pull. It sat there and idled like nothing. The carb was so spot on I had to jack the needles in order to show the effects of a maladjusted carb :lol:

I love this carb so far and if the shaft and body of the carb get sloppy, then I'll toss it in the trash/bin and buy another one, without so much as a second thought!

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks