My VW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my body is fibreglass so does no damage to the body. it's more a rally and on road car to me. I have a nutech buggy for off roading coming. besides the undertray seems to catch more crap than it keeps out and makes it harder to work on. figured I should mention that because I never saw anybody post that about their own beetles.

the 4wd kit comes with a chassis. I can't confirm if there are holes to bolt the undertray too. guess I could check the pdf..

we finally have a stoppage in rain tomorrow. Sharkey wants to run some on road so I'll take this along with the semi and at least get it running and tuned a bit. don't want to kill the tires on pavement but I'd like to get it tuned a bit anyway

I haven't actually even driven this rc yet. a bud did

It's a good thing that you made a deal with someone that let you get it back.

About that yellow drywall tape, does it work out well for you with the goop? Just curious because i got a whole roll in my garage and might need to use it sometimes.

Chris

I have used that tape and goo to repair all my lexan bodies for years. the fibres gives the break strength... and if you own a redcat body, you do the whole inside of the body to keep the broken pieces from flying off first impact ;)

well it's sunny out today for a change and am meeting sharkey and a couple other guys. I was up late soldering and charging batteries and getting things ready (and working some odd graveyard shifts this week has screwed my sleep pattern so awake until 7 am). I'll take the camera and camera charger along to get some pics and maybe some vid

love it beetles rock cant wait for my shell to get here victory exhaust looks great to ive got one on mine makes a difference to seeing jet pros on every thing a little tip wipe with oil after use as it will rust quickly top work buddy

Last edited:
We didn't get any videos, I left my camera on the desk and Sharkey's didn't record anything decent. I finally got to drive it though. After some tuning I was ripping up the grass and spraying rooster tails...

I've since changed the back shock springs. I'll put the balloon springs back on when I swap to FG arms as the Balloon springs bind up on the upper arms with Firehammer MT arms installed. I now have blue fg springs in back. it's super stiff now. I am also trying to get a set of F1 tires and wheels for it. Just working so much lately... with the Olympics coming and my security background, I am getting calls and emails to come work. all over, and I am allready booking and doing details. right now working 6 on 1 off and details are going on my days off... I was going to sell the vw to buy a 1:1 car but with all this work coming I should have my PT Cruiser by the end of the month without financing

I'm gonna come thru and bring my beetle. If I leave now I can get there in a few days. Lol

Are u still gonna convert it to 4wd with the 4wd sportsline coming out?

Last edited:
this puppy is fibreglass and very thick. the body posts just barely make it through to fit a clip on. I've broken the undertray twice now but no signs of damage to any holes or the body for that matter. you can see where the clear coat had cracked. we are running today so I didn't have much time to make it pretty.

to add some washers I'd have to come up with different body posts. Lee suggested rubber grommets but again posts were too short.

I carry this rc around by the roof scoop!! these are tough bodies. I flipped it on hard pack and concrete (corners are all paved) at the bmx track and I was up pretty high. am honestly surprised I never cracked the body. I have fibreglass repair stuff and have yet to need it

Just superglue em to the inside of your shell. I have done this on my lexan shell & it works fine. No more cracks or splits & Ive had some big offs :clown:

and oh ya, I will convert this to 4wd. it's going to be my rally car to race against the redcat rally and such. got to see my old rally yesterday. sound was screwing up on my camera for some reason but you can hear when the rally hit the curb in the middle and snapped the front of the body up. I am filming letting others drive.
http://www.vimeo.com/9454857

Hey Voo, here's that motor and esc in the bike I got from you. can you say slow? lol
http://www.vimeo.com/9455012

couple pics too
DSCI0003.gif
DSCI0004-1.gif
DSCI0005.gif

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks