Need Futaba/super bee help badly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otpracer

Hey all. Been a very long time since I've been into RC. I own a brand new 5ive. I've got many heat cycles through it. I bought the kill switch along with a Futaba 3PV TX. I cannot get the kill switch to engage when I shut off the transmitter. I have switch 3 to manually activate it. I'm at a total loss. There is not much info out there for this setup aside from 1 26 second video of someone who shows theirs working. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Hey all. Been a very long time since I've been into RC. I own a brand new 5ive. I've got many heat cycles through it. I bought the kill switch along with a Futaba 3PV TX. I cannot get the kill switch to engage when I shut off the transmitter. I have switch 3 to manually activate it. I'm at a total loss. There is not much info out there for this setup aside from 1 26 second video of someone who shows theirs working. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
that happpened to me once, this could b a only me thing but i had to turn the end points way up, try that

I'll try anything at this point. I just want to run this truck, but safely! I"ll let ya know what I find.
Thank you
I've got it jacked all the way up. no luck.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is the light in the kill switch light up?
I'll try anything at this point. I just want to run this truck, but safely! I"ll let ya know what I find.
Thank you
I've got it jacked all the way up. no luck.
oh also id contact killer rc

Yes, the led is on. Channel 3 works as it should. just won't activate the kill switch when the radio is turned off. I've contacted Killer RC.
I've seen threads where some guys say they make it work and other that say it won't work. The 3PV is the only upgrade I could afford currently. Maybe I should have done more research first....

Yes, the led is on. Channel 3 works as it should. just won't activate the kill switch when the radio is turned off. I've contacted Killer RC.
I've seen threads where some guys say they make it work and other that say it won't work. The 3PV is the only upgrade I could afford currently. Maybe I should have done more research first....
mm what reciever do u have? also are u 100% sure the little connecters are conected to the coil properly?

R203GF. Came with Transmitter. The ignition coil? Yes. The tx and rx are talking to each other because if I hit the channel 3 switch, it kills it instantly.

What you are talking about is a fail safe in the radio that is programable. The 3pv does not have this feature. you can control it via the 3rd channel switch but F/S does not engage the 3rd channel it only sets the radio into a preset throttle position. The 4PV has the programmable failsafe that everyone thinks they need.

People think that the engine must die when you turn off the Transmitter. The reason of the kill switch is for 1 simple reason, The failure of a throttle servo. If the receiver looses signal then the F/S puts car into full Brake, car stops and you go get it. If the Throttle servo goes out while throttle is open then the car runs away that is when you use the 3rd channel switch to shut down the motor. You never really need the loss of signal to turn off the motor unless you are extremely unlucky. If you are that unlucky then I am guess having a car run away is probably the least of your problems in life haha!

People think that the engine must die when you turn off the Transmitter. The reason of the kill switch is for 1 simple reason, The failure of a throttle servo. If the receiver looses signal then the F/S puts car into full Brake, car stops and you go get it. If the Throttle servo goes out while throttle is open then the car runs away that is when you use the 3rd channel switch to shut down the motor. You never really need the loss of signal to turn off the motor unless you are extremely unlucky. If you are that unlucky then I am guess having a car run away is probably the least of your problems in life haha!
a killl switch kills the enigne in the loss of radio signal, power loss, ect, also u can shut the engine off via remote, none of those features work according to the OP. a fail safe just puts on the brakes if you loose radio signal,

I have a 3pv and a killer bee in my dbxl. Just went out and checked it. Mine shuts off when I turn the transmitter off. I have the r304sb reciever though. As far as I know I didn't have to change any setting on the radio to make everything work.

I run the dynamite kill switch. It kills the engine and applies brakes if i lose signal or turn off the tx as well as with 3rd channel switch

That is my point why must the engine be shut down if the receiver looses signal. Most lower end radios do not have this ability. That is why they go to full brake in the event of signal loss to stop the vehicle. The only time that would not work is if the throttle servo went out. The OP made a great choice in buying a futaba radio they are the best and generally don't have any issues with signal loss unless they go out of range. The OP stated that the failsafe is setup on his 3PV and the brakes do go into full brake when the radio is turned off. The only other senario is that the battery voltage dropped too low and the receiver shut off, in this case the kill switch would still not work because the receiver is dead and there is no power to have it control the kill switch.

Your reciever is not the issue. it is your transmitter that is not able to set a user controlled program for the 3rd or 4th channel in the failsafe menu. The 4pv and up are all capable of doing this. I have owned the 3pv, currently own the 4pv and 4px. You physically can not get a kill switch to perform the function you are asking it to do with the radio that you have.

Scruffy what transmitter are you using?

That is my point why must the engine be shut down if the receiver looses signal. Most lower end radios do not have this ability. That is why they go to full brake in the event of signal loss to stop the vehicle. The only time that would not work is if the throttle servo went out. The OP made a great choice in buying a futaba radio they are the best and generally don't have any issues with signal loss unless they go out of range. The OP stated that the failsafe is setup on his 3PV and the brakes do go into full brake when the radio is turned off. The only other senario is that the battery voltage dropped too low and the receiver shut off, in this case the kill switch would still not work because the receiver is dead and there is no power to have it control the kill switch.

Your reciever is not the issue. it is your transmitter that is not able to set a user controlled program for the 3rd or 4th channel in the failsafe menu. The 4pv and up are all capable of doing this. I have owned the 3pv, currently own the 4pv and 4px. You physically can not get a kill switch to perform the function you are asking it to do with the radio that you have.

Scruffy what transmitter are you using?
Futaba 3pl with the r2004gf receiver

The Dynamite kill switch has that built into its program. The manual tells you to bind the kill switch to the receiver in the off position. It is the kill switch that has the program to kill when signal is lost not the radio. The super bee might have this same feature in its program but it will not be a radio function.

Exactly? thats why i mentioned it was a dynamite kill switch. Seems everyone has issues of some sort with killerbee switches. You would think for the price they would work out all the issues and make them work with any rx/tx combo

The super bee has it programmed into it as well. It's not a radio issue. It states in the facts section of super bee websight that if transmitter signal is lost it will shut the engine off. I checked this with my set up this evening. No transmitter power the engine cant be started. With the engine running turn the transmitter off and the engine dies. Contact super bee. It's a defect in the product and if new should be covered under warranty.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks