New 5t wont start dry plug

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkles255

I’m trying to start a new Losi 5T 2.0. Primed been choked but for some reason it won’t start. I pulled the plug twice and it’s completely dry. Any thoughts?

Purge bulb, not primer.... it doesn't pump fuel into the engine, it sucks fuel through the carb to "purge" the air from the lines/carb.

New old stock means sitting in a shelf forever. Typical fuel system stuff to go over, including fuel lines and carb for hard diaphragms. Carb kit is like $14.00 fuel line is dirt cheap.

Yes by purging the air from the lines you prime the carb ready to mix fuel with the air.
You can find all the fancy words to confuse people but it's easier to understand when you stick to the names that are used in the part descriptions.
https://www.ddmracing.com/188-12-primer-bulb-for-walbro-carburetors-fg-07373
In this instance a primer is not the right term or interchangeable. Ddm has the name wrong. A primer on a walbro carb physically squirts fuel down the intake to prime the engine with fuel and relies on the choke to pull fuel into the carb. A purge bulb, like what the wt series carb has, pulls fuel through the carb. Has nothing to do with priming anything. This is a common misconception, and is very clearly outlined in the walbro manual.

Screenshot_20231030_142356_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20231030_142347_Drive.jpg

Wow, I did not see all these posts. Sorry for the late response. I removed the carburetor, opened it up. There’s plenty of fuel, top and bottom of the carburetor. I did notice a kink in the fuel line and have replaced that. With a new. Going to try and start it up this weekend. See if that was it.

normal thing with these carbs when they sit around the passage's in the carb get clogged up.
and as said before the diaphragm go hard.
a rebuild and a good spray up with carb or break cleaner would be a good idea if it has been sitting around for a long time.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks