New engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been looking for a samba pipe (in chrome) for a long time but no luck. I have contacted modelcargo 5 times via email but no reply very bad customer service! :mad: so in the end i had to settle for the ddm top end pipe as thats the only pipe ddm do now nomore low end pipe any more. I did managed to get it for cheap as they were auctioning the pipe and got it for £60 +shipping.

No worries, I've got a new marder samba pipe thats all.

I'll be seeing Lazslo from model cargo at the Euros so I'll have a chat with him about emails and such.

you got that for a great price,they;re 110 here at freeprawn.
If youre like me and just bash a bit here ,nothing too serious then I think you will be very very happy with the dom,they are such an explosive pipe with power throughout. the top ender screams ( a little less rpm then a fg jetrpo) but it has bottom end that can actually match a low end pipe believe it or not.
like i said mate ive seen loads of stock engine fg's with tuned pipes and the good ones give a great power hike at different rpms but the first time i seen the dom on a fg marder i thought it had a tuned engine,but was a stock cy 27, i wouldnt believe the owner because i knew how good the samba , jetpro and victory were and they added loads of power but the dom is crazy.. would be rubbish for racing but for the 99% of bashers that just want a thick wall of power its great!!
in the states 90% og the drag guys use the dom,power throughout in heaps, these guys are finishing in 4.5 seconds @ 70mph odd!!
another thing i want to say which might ruffle a few feathers ,the fg topend dom almost makes me think that a tuned engine isnt needed. i tell you what, if you want to sell me that dom for a good price and buy the samba you wanted off mike, that could be a plan mate, ive seen them go on bids for that price before,im going to have a looks myself actually lol...

samba
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FG-MARDER...sGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item1c2887f698

Last edited:
Yeh i thought it was very good price too. Thanks for the offer but i think il try out the dom as i don't really do any racing just bashing once every couple of weeks (if its not raining). I do like the samba but il test out the dom n c how it preforms. I will however want to also test the samba in the near future to compare both. If i do want to sell the dom i will let you know.

ok mate,sounds good. but from what your saying about you bashing , you wont sell the dom because if you did want more grunt i don't think another pipe could give it to you,i haven't tried these £300 to £400 pipes so cant compare these and never will at those daft prices,i thought £180 was alot for my victory lol..
theres a video in the 'victory pipe better' thread , its on a 4wd but gets it moving with serious push.
that samba on ebay has 7 hours left and on £21, you could get it for a good price i think. regarding the fg doms,im watching one as we speak,did you get custom charges ontop? if so ill try get sonic import via ireland,sabve me some cash,again..

Id say my mates stock cy 27cc marder with dominator pipe is only a little less crazy thyen my fg with fullmod tuned engine, im not saying my tuned engine is muted by any means,just the dom is killer, i don't know maybe hes a master at tuning carbs??

actually i got mistaken,the dom is a rubbish pipe and makes around the same power as the stock can!!!!lol, so ill send you my details so you can pop it in the post for me...thynx man

Last edited:
Haha now u put me off the dom i might get the victory... Think we might hv a deal lol. That victory sounds nuts! I thought that a 4wd would have hard time pulling the front wheels but by the looks of this, the pipe produce more than enough power to do so. I am very impressed mate and nice video too. Btw is that the fullmod in the baja?

Regarding the custom charges i for some reason didnt get charged for the pipe. Maybi lucky? But not so lucky with the engine as i had to pay 90 bloody quid !! Some time its a hit or miss with these stupid charges...

it is the dom in that video. you should love it but if not you can try the samba or victory like you said.
I have a fullmod in my baja,theres vids somewhere . let me klnow how the pipe performs mated to the fullmod after its broken in,try get a video up, im really interested to see how they go with the obr.

Hi, as some of you had read from my previous threads, i had finally finished my bug and started running it today. But as its the first time running the engine, there will be problems :S. Today was nice and sunny so thought i might as well take it out to run the engine in. Made the usual petrol mix of 25:1 (castor 927 with super unleaded at 97). Poured petrol in and fired after 7-8 pulls with no problems. I run her for aprox 10min before the engine started bogging and stalled. I let it cool down, took out the plug and cleaned it as its was lil black and fired her again and bam.. Engine will stall after 2-3 secs! Following i did to fix:

-cleaned plug again/replaced with new one
-checked for air leak
-reset carb setting
-bubble had petrol going in and out to check if the lines are blocked

Still no luck. I know the plug is black as its running lil rich but thats whats recommended with new engine (as i have been told). Every time the engine stalls, it only takes 2-3 pulls to fire it again and it will start but i hafto rev it high to stay on, as soon i let go of the trigger it will stall. I also noticed lots of black oil comming out of the exhasut but i assume thats normal when running rich. Is there a cure to this? Total run time has been about 20min. I have made a video if that helps.

Many thanks.

Vid:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, as some of you had read from my previous threads, i had finally finished my bug and started running it today. But as its the first time running the engine, there will be problems :S. Today was nice and sunny so thought i might as well take it out to run the engine in. Made the usual petrol mix of 25:1 (castor 927 with super unleaded at 97). Poured petrol in and fired after 7-8 pulls with no problems. I run her for aprox 10min before the engine started bogging and stalled. I let it cool down, took out the plug and cleaned it as its was lil black and fired her again and bam.. Engine will stall after 2-3 secs! Following i did to fix:

-cleaned plug again/replaced with new one
-checked for air leak
-reset carb setting
-bubble had petrol going in and out to check if the lines are blocked

Still no luck. I know the plug is black as its running lil rich but thats whats recommended with new engine (as i have been told). Every time the engine stalls, it only takes 2-3 pulls to fire it again and it will start but i hafto rev it high to stay on, as soon i let go of the trigger it will stall. I also noticed lots of black oil comming out of the exhasut but i assume thats normal when running rich. Is there a cure to this? Total run time has been about 20min. I have made a video if that helps.

Many thanks.

Vid: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RV_Ejbxjylo

Hi buddy are you unflooding the engine when you take sparkplug out? My obr killed a few sparkplugs on the first few tanks..

Did you let it idle for 2 - 3 tanks for break in and drive it around at 1/8 - 1/4 throttle for a tank and then drive it around at half throttle to 3/4 throttle then full throttle for the last tank at varied speed?

How did you run it in?

Tbh i didnt. But then again i left it to rest for about 3-4 hours before the next run so i thought it will be ok as it starts every time.

Will running the engine on hight revs cause any damage? As thats the only way i can keep it running? Also i noticed white smoke if comming out but thats just burnt oil right?

Sorry for all the noobi questions but i don't want to risk it with this engine.

As mentioned earlier total time 20min at 1/4 throttle, but when it stalled, in order to keep the engine running i had to apply lil more at about just less than 1/2 throttle. I didnt let her idle as this was not recommended and also after the first 10 min if i do try and idle it will stall.

Last edited:
I'm glad you didn't run in the engine the way I asked as it would have been a waste of time.
In my opinion it's either your tune or you are mixing the fuel wrong.
What carb are you using.
How many turns out are your H and L needles?

I find the 990 carb a bit hit and miss, I'm not a big fan and for a newbie they can be difficult to tune.
Can you get your hands on a 603 or a 668 and give it a try?

Unfortunately i don't have a carbs laying around but i can order some if that will help. I don't mind buying them as they going on ebay for around £20 new. Do let me know which is better suit this engine and il try finding a deal tomorrow. Thanks

way too rich on the L needle...my 990 runs around 1 turn out...overly rich on the low end will choke and stall your motor...try 1 1/8 and see how it goes, if it still smokes a lot below 3rd throttle and burbles then go in 1/16th turn more...never adjust these 990carbs more than 1/16th at a time and when you fine tune you barely have to move the needle

Thanks mooman i only figured this out today as i was playing will the L needle. Its allot better now but it just feels its not 100% still... It still have the odd coughs every now and then it might be because its still new..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks