NEW Losi 1/5 scale Desert Buggy XL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweet another 1/5 scale to add to my fleet. X-Mas is looking good this year!
the shocks look like my redcat XBE shocks only Red. I wonder if the diffs are redcat as well. I hope so 7075rc has nice upgrades.
I hope the price point has the Chimera in mind when they start selling.
They come with a 30cc 2 stroke and pipe not a can, and sell for 599.00
I do like the body mounting on the losi better though. hubs look beefer as well.`

Last edited:
GOTTA HAVE ONE OF THESE!Great post,cracking buggy. Axial EXO comes to mind! I think because its a cheaper model the hop up's are going to be in abundance.
Thanks for that
J:clap:

Last edited:
It will be a hit. Lighter than the 5ive T by 10 lbs. and aftermarket support will be big for this as it has the scale looks. Retains the 8ight style chassis layout, but I'm surprised it didn't keep the prototype's cnc alloy shock towers, must have been to hit the price point at a grand....that said +2 on the lack of down-travel it needs a smidge more, but a shock hole swap might cure that.....The 23 cc engines will struggle to move this well, a roller version would be killer for many of us, do it Losi.....

I think it will be a hard choice between the Chimera and the XL losi. Both have there flaws and strong points
I have a feeling that the Chimera will do better because of price and it come with a 30cc Cy motor and a true pipe. The 7075rc parts to beef it up are hard to beat as well. Even the 5ive can't match the cnc diff housing that he offers for big power! And his other parts are top notch as well.
front_dif_housing_zps583a294d.gif

Last edited:
On another Forum, someone is saying the chassis, etc is NOT Losi.
I posed the question of how much would be compatible with the existing 5ive-T - which would be nice.

If you had both, its one set of spares, or same type ...
Al.

Come on ,comes out of the King Factory ,it will sell and be a top topic on forums for fixing it ,
thats why Losi bought the rights ??? Quick xmas cash spinner :

K....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks