New Losi 5ive-T version incoming?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codeman11

Is there a new version incoming or something? It's out of stock everywhere, nobody has any I can find which is pretty odd. I've never not seen at least a couple in stock

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say manufacturing,distribution or corporate disruption. I haven't heard anything but it appears losi has been pushing 1/10th scale products pretty hard. They tend to discontinue or phase out large scale stuff pretty fast.

I bet you'll see a v3 of the dbxl platform before another 5ive.

That's too bad, I hope not. Just got around to wanting to own one.

I'm surprised they haven't jumped on the electric bandwagon for the 5T, but I guess the DBXL is "cooler" and RTR.

im sure that big german/euro model place sold a rtr leccy 5ive..... (y)
That's too bad, I hope not. Just got around to wanting to own one.

I'm surprised they haven't jumped on the electric bandwagon for the 5T, but I guess the DBXL is "cooler" and RTR.
here ya go...bottom page(y)
https://rc-car-online.de/en/4576-losi.html
ok..they did do.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
10th scale is pretty much it around here. Very few are into the larger stuff and we are kind of a rare breed running 1/5 scale.
Capra is one of my 10th scales , I don't mind it for our local park walks. Quiet and small enough to just toss in the truck and go.

Seems they are pushing even the smaller stuff , 18th scale and also 24th scale.

Thats too bad, same around here. Seems every time I get into something RC, it's only a short matter of time before the track closes down or the airfield shuts down. Par for the course I guess, but I was lucky enough to be able to buy a house on an acreage so nobody can close me down now thankfully haha

Some of the smaller stuff is pretty neat though these days. Some of the small monster trucks etc. are more fun for stunt and trick driving than something like my massive Primal RC truck to be honest. But for general racing & bashing outdoors the bigger the better on-road and off-road for sure.

Seems like there's an ETA of July 2024 for another batch of 5T's - Horizon updated their Backorder status with actual dates now. Wow, seems like some people have been waiting since October 2023. That's a pretty long delay, but good to see they're coming anyhow

Horizon updated their Backorder status with actual dates now
I think Horizon (actually know) that Horizon had some issues a while back with website being way behind, poor communication, inventory and supply issues.
Fast forward to today and it seems like they have turned the corner and got things back on track. I have delt with them a couple times over the past month and service is like night and day compared to what it was maybe a year or so ago.

Seems like there's an ETA of July 2024 for another batch of 5T's - Horizon updated their Backorder status with actual dates now. Wow, seems like some people have been waiting since October 2023. That's a pretty long delay, but good to see they're coming anyhow
This is corrrect.

I think Horizon (actually know) that Horizon had some issues a while back with website being way behind, poor communication, inventory and supply issues.
Fast forward to today and it seems like they have turned the corner and got things back on track. I have delt with them a couple times over the past month and service is like night and day compared to what it was maybe a year or so ago.
That's great to hear, as for a long time now their service sucked the big one. It had gotten to the point where I swore I'd "never" buy another product sold by Horizon again. Of course, they do have a handful of attractive products on the more expensive side so I get suckered back in every once in a while lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks