New Losi 5T 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

japhia42

I'm a little confused on the difference between a stock WT 990 and the stock 1107 that;s on the Losi 5T 2.0 I have on the way. Someone says the 1107 is a 990 with a choke, someone says an 1107 is crap, still another tells me there's no appreciable difference between the 2? Seriously! Do I slap a sealed bearing 990 or sealed bearing 1107 on my Zen 32cc or what? LOL!

So there is negligible difference between the two. If you can tell the difference your better then me. The 1107 has a choke the 990 does not. I like the 1107 better for ease of starting. Both will perform great on a 32 or 34 cc engine. I personally wouldnt waste the money on a 990 (I have one didnt like messing around with starting my engine)

This is what I wanted to hear. I bought a sealed bearing 1107 when I put in my order tonight from DDM. Any NOTICEABLE difference between the 2. Thank you.

If your referring to the sealed vs non sealed I would say no. Not all things being the same. The sealed version will last longer as the throttle shaft rides in sealed bearings and not metal on metal. The sealed one should (in theory ) be a smoother action.
If you run in sand or very dusty gritty conditions the sealed version would be the best option imo

Oh no, I meant stock vs. stock. I know sealed bearing is an upgraded carb which will last longer. Just trying to get confirmation on which stock carb is the better choice.

I appreciate the input guys, just wanted to make sure this order is correct. My Chief Financial Officer said I couldn't nickel and dime her any more than absolutely necessary until my birthday in March.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks