New member with new KM baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanna see some video of how hard you run these things lol!
I run it pretty hard but,it's just been on flat ground.
If I can get the car to last any lenth of time I will make a video.
It would be a let down if the car failed one minute into the run.
So far I think this baja has no reliability.
I left my real car build alone for the last couple months because I was going to get into the baja thing.
Now I'm "almost" ready to just to leave the baja alone and go back to the real car build.
After I put some new wheels on if this car breaks again before a whole tank it's getting retired.

I'm also a new member and owner of a KM 2.0 29cc and have had breakage of my own. Check out my posts if you want to. My KM came with aluminum shock towers and suspension parts so it's a little tougher but things still break. I broke the front bulkhead and front wheel during the second run. I avoid curbs at all costs.

Like hunters and fisherman say, "You gotta pay if you wanna play."

Like dog owners say, "There ain't no such thing as a free dog"

Welcome to the world of Large Scale R/C.

I'm also a new member and owner of a KM 2.0 29cc and have had breakage of my own. Check out my posts if you want to. My KM came with aluminum shock towers and suspension parts so it's a little tougher but things still break. I broke the front bulkhead and front wheel during the second run. I avoid curbs at all costs.

Like hunters and fisherman say, "You gotta pay if you wanna play."

Like dog owners say, "There ain't no such thing as a free dog"

Welcome to the world of Large Scale R/C.

Well put!!!!!!!!:D

At one point I owned 3 different HPI products, 2 5B's and a 5T and the the second 5B I bought would fall apart if you just looked at it wrong. I made it into my on road car so it never jumped or wound up upside down and things still manage to break. I think alot of it is luck of the draw, so it doesn't matter what kind you buy.

I just got mine on the 24th. I've only ran 1/2 tank through it so far, the only problem is thatI already have a LONG list of hop-ups and replacement parts that I wanna do..Oh well. I'm a BIGBOOY with a BIG-TOY that cost BIG-BUCKS!!

001.jpg

That's the car I'm thinking about buying. I think the 2spd may be a bit overkill for me though. I wish they offered that buggy with the 30.5 and a single speed. A clear body would be nice too.

Check-out the threads on this forum.
There are quite a few on 2-speed, mainly FG, but some also relate to the HPI 5B.

One general comment is that 2-speed is not very successful off-road, but very good on-road, so I suppose it depends where you reckon you're going to run it.

Al.

Darn you richardparker and BigBOOy. I just ordered one, and I blame u for it. Once I found out that is the actual pipe it comes with, the itch became too much to bear. I ordered a clear body to go with it. Now off to find some outwear copies.

Last edited:
Darn you richardparker and BigBOOy. I just ordered one, and I blame u for it. Once I found out that is the actual pipe it comes with, the itch became too much to bear. I ordered a clear body to go with it. Now off to find some outwear copies.
Your welcome..:eek:;):D...And tell your wallet i'm sorry..:D:eek::rolleyes:

Good luck with your new ride.
Hope it gives you a easyier time than mine.

so yesterday I took mine out for a couple tanks with no catostrofic accidents.

But I think it still had issues.
first I was out for 5 minutes and the car seamed to be poping out of gear at high rpms so I picked it up rev'd and when I would let off the brakes would lock up.
After checking around the car found a motor screw backed out and had the brake pads locked at a angle. Fixed that. The car seams to pop out of gear every now and then now.
Not sure if it's cause of the brake deal or not.
There was alot of pressure on the brake,pads look unevenly worn now.
Drove 2 whole takes and when I brought the car back in gave it a look over and the pipe was rattling loose and the plug was loose too, no biggie.
The car it self is still running at this point. I'm starting to get to settle in with the car .I never thought I could get it to run one take but,it made it threw 2 this time.:D

I've never been a fan of RTR cars, but that is the way the hobby turned around the time the T-Maxx came out, so I blame Traxxas. I like to put cars together myself for a quality build. That's time consuming, but worth it. Ripping a completed car apart and reassembling just sucks. I'm just going to look the car over and hope for the best.

Had fun today bashing on the baja.
I fliped it,I rolled ,I did some jumps off my lawn chairs crashing it everytime,flew into brush to a complete stop, hit a pole straght on"not to hard".
No damage at all.
O yea, it started to be able to lift the front wheels in 2nd gear.

Anyone know what pinon gear to get for a little more topend ?

Last edited:
Had fun today bashing on the baja.
I fliped it,I rolled ,I did some jumps off my lawn chairs crashing it everytime,flew into brush to a complete stop, hit a pole straght on"not to hard".
No damage at all.
O yea, it started to be able to lift the front wheels in 2nd gear.

Anyone know what pinon gear to get for a little more topend ?

Glad to hear your luck is changing. Now how bout some video.

As for the pinion, you have to change the spur as well. Go with a bigger pinion and smaller. Go up in pinion size (and down in spur) the very next step up. Any more, will make for too large of a jump during the shift.

So after my last post I found a cracked front arm.It held together so I thought I had no damage. I replaced it with supplyed parts.
Today a got some new 5b rear wheels.
I put them on and went for some bashing. I didn't make it threw a tank and I blew a tire and the foam into pieces about 15 feet in the air.
One piece of the tire is mia.I couldnt even find it.
But,this fail had me laughing my ass off.I'm loving this car even with it being a problem child because it has crazy power for something out of the box. I wish I got it on cammera.Slow mo exploding:cool:
P1070179.jpg

So today I threw on pair of the knoby rovan rear tire and wheels pre assembled.
They have lots of grip and tare right into the grass. only things that it will not do now is do dounuts on the grass anymore.

I do have a problem though and its been pissing me off ever since I bought the car.
I can not get the rear right wheels to stay on worth of crap.
When I put the new wheels on it stayed on for 5 minutes straght.
Then it would keep falling off everytime if I stayed on it for anymore than 20-30 feet.
Needless to say it's not fun spending more time searching for the wheel nut than actually driving.

Does anyone sell like a reverse threaded hub for that side or does anyone know any mod to do for keeping that dam wheel on?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks