New motor questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donasdux

Just got a 30DN buggy roller, and I was wondering how difficult it is to install the motor. I remember with nitro I sometimes had to cut the driveshaft, modify motor mounts etc. Are these motors mount and go? I noticed the Zenoah had 3 options on some websites, but none of the options covered 30DN products. Just looking to educate myself before a make a purchase.

ive not seen a 30DN in person, but i assume they are same as most others largescales, the engine should basically drop right in if using the stock gearing, as a roller, you may need to purchase the engine mount(s) separately? also with LOSI 5T 2.0/DBXL 2.0, depending on gearing, you have to use correct engine inserts to get correct mesh of gears, in saying this though, some guys don't bother and just leave the inserts & bolts straight in, but unlike some nitros you 100% wont need to cut any shafts etc ;)

My 30DNB came with the clutch holder , so any baja 5b fitment engine fits when you put the clutch holder onto the engine.
I just bought Zenoah G320RC (967289001) and for the last 2hrs I can't get the 4 bolts to the engine to line up correctly. They're off maybe 2mm tops. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using the under chassis spacers?
I use Frutibat top hat washers .
May be the clutch casing is slightly deeper than the 30DN unit, so top hat washers would get rid of the issue.

Are you using the under chassis spacers?
I use Frutibat top hat washers .
May be the clutch casing is slightly deeper than the 30DN unit, so top hat washers would get rid of the issue.
I don't know what top hat washers are. All I know is that when I mesh the spur gear to the pinion, the holes on the bottom do not line up. And yes I am using the under chassis spacers, assuming you mean the black pieces that fit into the hole under the chassis.
You need to use a Cy fan cover most likely. This same issue arises with installing a zenoah into a v1 5ive t.
Could be, but the fan cover isn't getting in the way, and I'll check with Dan @fearlessrc when he replies to me.
If I line up the pinion/spur gear, the holes on the bottom of the motor do not line up with the holes on the bottom of the chassis. So frustrating.

@donasdux I'm aware and using the Cy fan cover corrects the issue with the bolt holes lining up. You need to use the Cy fan cover
Rep732, thanks for the knowledge, I see what you are saying now. Issue I have now is that I can't seem to find one in the USA. DM Racing has them, but " no shipping available to the US" that sucks. Any suggestions?
I was even able to get the part number from DM Racing, 322-239000

I just noticed you're also from the Dirty Jerz....
Nice to see a neighbor........

@donasdux likewise I'm by the shore.

Have you heard of ddm racing? That's were all of us with 5th scales get oem and aftermarket parts from. I'll leave a link for you, they are based in Utah and are very good to deal with.

If you read the description they mention losi 5ive t/b, since you have a 30 degree buggy it's based off the 5ive b.
https://www.ddmracing.com/CY-RC-Fan-Cover-230-019010

So....
I think I made a major screw up. It looks like I broke off the plate screw in the crankshaft. OK, I know I broke off a screw, just not 110% sure it broken in the crankshaft. Can you guys confirm, and what does it entail to correct it?

1000003463.jpg

1000003462.jpg

Yep that's definitely broken in the crank, were you installing or removing it? Hopefully there's no locktite on it. Should be able to walk it pit with some patience

Hold the clutch carrier to the crank.
I don't understand that request.
Yep that's definitely broken in the crank, were you installing or removing it? Hopefully there's no locktite on it. Should be able to walk it pit with some patience
Installing it, no locktite. What do you mean by "walk it"
It's literally a brand new motor, meaning it's never been started.

Ok, so I think I'm going to go with a modified G320rc from DDM. The question I have is this, they have 2 motor options I would consider:
Option 1
Option 2
One gives more torque, one more top end. How much more top end, 1-3mph or over 5mph? And since I have the 30º North buggy, it isn't just plug and play. I already have the CY fan cover, thanks to some great people on here, but what clutch option do I need? The techs at DDM weren't sure.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks