New (old) toy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thrasher

I was offered this kyosho scorpion xxl ve for very cheap (cant say no cheap) and took it home. Its last owner measured it at 100km/h (91 to be excact) with the original tires. Pretty powerful little thing and sizewise Kyosho's 7th scale is close to my Baja 5t without its body, so IMO it does fall within the category of large scale. Looking forward to have fun with this :)

buggy-kyosho-xxl.jpg

The original motor, whatever that is. Some electric motor the size of a small coke can. I haven't looked yet. But this weekend I am going to take it apart and give it a full inspection. I promise to get back. I just wanted to share my new toy :)

Yeah and waterproof too. Suposedly. the Esc has protective plastic cover and the motor says waterproof on its side.

I was offered this kyosho scorpion xxl ve for very cheap (cant say no cheap) and took it home. Its last owner measured it at 100km/h (91 to be excact) with the original tires. Pretty powerful little thing and sizewise Kyosho's 7th scale is close to my Baja 5t without its body, so IMO it does fall within the category of large scale. Looking forward to have fun with this :)

View attachment 50914
Nice, love the way those look!

If ur gonna go big power bashing then ideally it need the cen diff upgrade ?..as the stock one is dog :poop:(y):ROFLMAO:...I've looked into these a few times now but never bought one?

Noted. As Z.hb71 said its a looker and thats why I got it. I have been eyeballing it for quite some time and lurking around because i love the look of the buggies that Kyosho and Tamiya makes and this is pure childhood nostalgia. But fun sized. It wont become a basher. The guy did say something something steel gears, so I don't know if there is upgrades. The guy I bought it from is not the guy who owned and drove it. He is just a guy who are very good at finding RC lots and selling them out in chunks and I happen to know him.

I got it for the equivalent of 170ÂŁ and got a second smaller brand new RC for my little girl who wanted a monstertruck, along with it. Still in its box and everything. The Kyosho has not seen abuse or extended use. I am going over it just to make sure everything is still stuck together (and the opposite, can actually be unstuck/unscrewed) because it has been idle for years. The front rims look worn but thats shoe goo. Whoever glued the the wheels must have had parkinsons. That poop is everywhere on those poor wheels. The rear wheels is original, I stole the photo from my mate who had it because I am (very happy) without smartphone.

So, there actually is steel gears everywhere. Good on the dude. And the wing is an upgrade too?! I haven't found a cen diff upgrade for this. Also why would Cen make an upgrade for a kyosho vehicle?

edit. The car is psychotic. It is hands down the fastest and most aggressive vehicle in my collection. It is a lot heavier than looks reveal and still with spiky tires it will do 20 meters of burnout on rough asphalt. I drove at apx. half speed and floored it and it did another 20 meters of burnout. I have had it out for 30 minutes and my spiky tires are now slicks. I need to buy new ones but are having trouble finding ones that will fit as 7th scale is out of scale for most tires. Koyosho say 8th scale truggy wheels will do. But they are too small and look stupid. If one of you know of wheels that are slightly bigger than 8th scale truggy wheels, please give me the heads up. I think I am going to love this vehicle and I am going to bash it until the sun burns out.

Last edited:
If ur gonna go big power bashing then ideally it need the cen diff upgrade ?..as the stock one is dog :poop:(y):ROFLMAO:...I've looked into these a few times now but never bought one?

The Cen Diff "upgrade" is a vile hack that is only marginally better than stock and only relevant if you intend to go 6s+. I think my buggy's previous owner made his own diff cup. Its metal. Or maybe Kyosho made this change to their later models due to complaints from people who felt that 100km/h just wasnt enough for a small model offroad vehicle. Its on standard gearing so I could pick up 20 or so km/h here if I wanted to. Without loosing acceleration too. Kyosho went all out on the motors in these vehicles. It is a special Orion make and it kicks ass on 4s and due to the endless torque of these motors, I honestly think its enough. A bit too much actually. It has all upgrades offered by kyosho on and in it. I got an amazing deal here. Its a vehicle like the baa 5b. Just better. In every way but the sextoy soundtrack, ,which is a major turn off for me personally. But the car is good enough that I want to live with it for the driving experience. Much more nimble than the 5b. Much lighter. And the guy was kind enough to toss the standard servo which apparently was a bit poop for an okish servox one.

Only thing left to figure out is the wheel situation. Not many 7th scale wheels around and 8th scale monstertruck is the closest to the back wheels and they are just that little big too big for it to look natural and it changes the behaviour of the vehicle radically. And not in a good way.
So I may endup converting it to the "B-XXL" model. Which is similar to going from a baa 5b to a 5T. Very light mostly cosmetic upgrade and wheels that I am told sucks donkey peepee's. So I will have to find something close to these, but that looks like something RC4WD could deliver. Or Imex. Kyoshos "B" looks way cooler than anything else out there. It may in fact be the best looking Baja styled RC ever made.

_30974_1213ky-066.jpg

Last edited:
The Cen Diff "upgrade" is a vile hack that is only marginally better than stock and only relevant if you intend to go 6s+. I think my buggy's previous owner made his own diff cup. Its metal. Or maybe Kyosho made this change to their later models due to complaints from people who felt that 100km/h just wasnt enough for a small model offroad vehicle. Its on standard gearing so I could pick up 20 or so km/h here if I wanted to. Without loosing acceleration too. Kyosho went all out on the motors in these vehicles. It is a special Orion make and it kicks ass on 4s and due to the endless torque of these motors, I honestly think its enough. A bit too much actually. It has all upgrades offered by kyosho on and in it. I got an amazing deal here. Its a vehicle like the baa 5b. Just better. In every way but the sextoy soundtrack, ,which is a major turn off for me personally. But the car is good enough that I want to live with it for the driving experience. Much more nimble than the 5b. Much lighter. And the guy was kind enough to toss the standard servo which apparently was a bit poop for an okish servox one.

Only thing left to figure out is the wheel situation. Not many 7th scale wheels around and 8th scale monstertruck is the closest to the back wheels and they are just that little big too big for it to look natural and it changes the behaviour of the vehicle radically. And not in a good way.
So I may endup converting it to the "B-XXL" model. Which is similar to going from a baa 5b to a 5T. Very light mostly cosmetic upgrade and wheels that I am told sucks donkey peepee's. So I will have to find something close to these, but that looks like something RC4WD could deliver. Or Imex. Kyoshos "B" looks way cooler than anything else out there. It may in fact be the best looking Baja styled RC ever made.

_30974_1213ky-066.jpg
that B-XXL looks SOOOOOOOO good!!!!!!! :love::love::love:

Yes. It is really a stunning looking vehicle. Kyosho have the right to pad their own backs over this one.

A good deal ! I know pretty well this one I've got 2 (1 to sell), some defect concerning the electronic side as pretty much all RTR, but I know the solutions and I applied them all to make these cars really reliable (thanks to many's rcgarage 68 from France)
You can have a look on my channel +/- 15 differents cars including 2 KYOSHO Scorpion XXL VE 6S and 8S !
Have a look in my playlists --> https://www.youtube.com/user/DodgeViper6810/playlists

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks