New owner of a FS 4wd MT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOw I got a new strange problem.

This truck has a 30cc motor on it. We were going to run it in a local parade today and I had did some pest drive very short with it and was getting something and I notice the truck started sputtering a little like it needed to be blowed out like a nitro would if it was loaded but the truck shut off before I could run it a little so I sat it aside till the parade started. I topped to off with fuel and then after a little we started up to go. Well I could not get the truck to fire! After trying different thing off and on for a mile or so I gave up and drove an electric the rest of the way. I got it home thinking the plug died I checked its spark seems to be strong. Now im thinking the carb is not pumping gas tried choking it and the plug is getting gas cause its wet. After a few more look overs we put a little fuel in head put plug back in gave a few pulls nothing. put a little more fuel the I got it to fire a little but dosnt want to run tried again no fire. I drained all fuel from truck thinking that there might be something wrong with fuel I the used my friends fuel he was running all day and nothing. I checked plug its getting wet and it sparking put no fire not even after we out a little in head now still no fire!!!???

What would make one of these motors not crank not even try to crank if you are getting all three elements gas, fire, compression??????

Any input on this would be grateful!! I have only had one of these large scales now for a month and rely don't want to have to sit on the sidelines again thats why I got rid of our Nitros!!

Last edited:
congrats on the fs rig mucker
If it say 30cc on the engine its not its a 26cc they just threw that on to boost sale mucker we and zerogravity have bean working with these cars for a long time now when we told them they were a 26cc they just kept on saying it was a 30 cc anyway like pipeous said could be the plug but i doubt it it will most-probably be the carb they are total crap for some reason you cant tune them like a normal carb like the walbro carbs best bet is get another carb try that mucker also i can tell you the engine will not last long unless you get your self a 4 bolt bottom end from the zen g270rc these are the new improved zen 26cc but don't be mistaken about the 27 it still a 26cc but 4 bolted head and a few other changes this will fit direct to the fs 26cc (30cc)

Last edited:
it's still probably the plug. they look ok sometimes but not enough spark. try another plug. you'll need a spare anyway

Got home tonight and did replace the plug with a new one and she fired. Strange to me that my old plug with the amount of spark would not crank the motor not even try to turn over. I tried putting the old plug back in just to see and no fire will not crank. So its fixed now on to playing some tomorrow...

Thanks for your help

congrats on the fs rig mucker
If it say 30cc on the engine its not its a 26cc they just threw that on to boost sale mucker we and zerogravity have bean working with these cars for a long time now when we told them they were a 26cc they just kept on saying it was a 30 cc anyway like pipeous said could be the plug but i doubt it it will most-probably be the carb they are total crap for some reason you cant tune them like a normal carb like the walbro carbs best bet is get another carb try that mucker also i can tell you the engine will not last long unless you get your self a 4 bolt bottom end from the zen g270rc these are the new improved zen 26cc but don't be mistaken about the 27 it still a 26cc but 4 bolted head and a few other changes this will fit direct to the fs 26cc (30cc)

What do you look for when looking into a new carb for these trucks? How can you tell if its a 26cc and not a 30cc? My friend has a 23cc motor and my motor is some what larger.

Hi streamline

if your looking for a carb then may i suggest to contact DDM i use these carbs and no other had no problems with them as yet.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4103/.f

we did a few test with these engines also took measurement's from the so called 30cc engine here is wat we came up with
Bore: 34mm
Stroke: 28mm
Con rod length: abt 52mm
that makes 25,4cc on an engine marked 30cc..

sickboy has fshopups.com so knows a lot about these rc's. good man to get advice from for sure and he makes the needed hop ups

Hi streamline

if your looking for a carb then may i suggest to contact DDM i use these carbs and no other had no problems with them as yet.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4103/.f

we did a few test with these engines also took measurement's from the so called 30cc engine here is wat we came up with
Bore: 34mm
Stroke: 28mm
Con rod length: abt 52mm
that makes 25,4cc on an engine marked 30cc..

Thanks for the heads up on the fshopups sight! I have been to his sight before they have lots of cool upgrade stuff for my truck! Hope to start on upgrades soon!

Thanks for the info on davesmotors.com I will check into them. As far as just using this truck for playing around and driving in parades should we spend the money to upgrade the carb as long as the one we have is working? Whats the big difference between a stock and maybe a hop-up carb? Im new in the Large scale stuff and so far these seem to be a whole lot easier to deal with than my nitros I had!

Hi well look at it this way the stock carb from fs will just give you a headache its not an upgrade its a must believe me.
there are other carbs you can get you don't have to get the walbro 813 you could also go for the 668 this is mostly used in the off road cars the 813 is mainly used for on road there's no choke on it that's why i prefer the 813 less hassle

I guess im wondering what is the headache that can happen? Does the jets clog easier or do the adjustment screws vibrate tighter and looser?

Im only trying to understand the difference from a bad carb and a good one if they both run. Im defiantly into replacing faulty parts a head of time!

they are a night mare to tune were practically impossible there has bean a few cases where we try to get it tuned up it would start but they kept on stalling on us we found out if you turn the low and high needle almost all the way out they would tend to run better but not the way they should so we decided to throw a 668 on at the time for some of the engines and first pull no problem so having to do this to most of our trucks before they went out to customers we swapped the stock carb around for the 688 we did this to save a lot of heart ache and shipping cost for the customers and ever since we have had not problems with the carbs
our aim is to sell good quality parts and no crap plus we do inform our customer's that the engine is in fact a 26cc and not a 30cc like the factory says ps
what ever you do if looking for parts keep away form engage-rc Many factories are not happy with there business ethics we have spoken to many of them asking about this company they don't know who they are and do not deal with them the only way they can get hold of these cars with out the factory knowing is threw the many other trading companies based in china
anyway enjoy the fs set up mucker im still doing so

That made some great points about the carbs. I can say now I do understand better about what Im needing to do as I learn more about my FS. Im using this truck mainly for parades. We will be in 4 to 5 this coming up year. we usually do only 2 a year but now the 1/5 scale is allowing us to get involved in larger parades in our area.

Im thinking you already told me this but what would be a good price range for decent carbs? The company that we purchased our FS through will no longer be carrying them because of problems hes having with the china company, so im trying to get a price from him for what parts he may have left that will work with my truck!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks