New Owners for HPI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.hb71

Build Thread Contributor
Hpi is getting new owners! Here's what they said
“HPI Racing is delighted to announce a development that will see a change of ownership of its global operation. The major shareholders of the Scandinavian based Vestergaard Group have signed a deal that will see them utilise their 50+ years expertise and investment in the hobby industry to revitalise HPI Racing, capitalise on its great heritage and push the brand forward.

Speaking from Vestergaard Group’s Danish HQ, the new owners announced a new era for HPI Racing with a stable supply chain and excellent customer service.

“We are looking very much forward to rebuilding the HPI Racing and Maverick brands together with you. The brands will be putting existing customer’s needs first. Every HPI Racing product owner around the world has made an investment in HPI Racing. It’s important we remember that and do all we can to ensure they have years of enjoyment from it. We can assure you that there is a bright and sustainable future planned for HPI Racing, with both innovation and parts supply at the core”.

More information will follow soon!”

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/article/view/2019062801
Hopefully they can make a good comeback and get back in the game and kick traxxas's ass.

Hopefully they release v2 of some of their rigs. I really wanted to trade up in my savage xl for the new nitro engine.... then it got put on hold ????? come on HPI I want some new toys
I also want them to come out with something new. Not only in 5th scale but they should go into the market were arrma is to compete against them. Becuase I think my next RC (not to replace the Baja of course) will be a 1/8 electric buggy or truggy possibly.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT THE ÈEEEEEEEEWORD? don't LET YOU MATE BOTAJEL find out??????
????? Needs to be reliable and fun, nitro is fun but not really reliable, gas is the same just a bit more reliable, but you can't do 50ft jumps with em, so 1/8 E looks like the best, plus look at these
ara106046.jpg
ara106040t1.jpg
notorious-black.jpg
61QBx1HP+6L._SX466_.jpg?????????
I wont be holding my breath, each time HPI has had new owners there is a bunch of hype followed by nothing then new owners more hype and more nothing!
Definitely true.

Nah becuase those are kits, I'm looking for rtr, plus arrma rc's (esp the Kraton, in pic 2) is very proven, watch vids they r extremely durable. Plus better after market support for the bashers.
Ok ? i don't know any thing about e cars? i think kits are better build how you like it?........rtr = plug and play and what ever they through in

Ok ? i don't know any thing about e cars? i think kits are better build how you like it?........rtr = plug and play and what ever they through in
Yes true, kits have nicer meterials (carbon fiber, billet aluminum ect) but the arrma seams pretty good esp for rtr, the only thing I've found out they need is chassis braces. So before I buy one, I'll research more and make sure it's what I want before I jump into a something I might not want ?

I know Vestergaard well. They have some high quality brands under their belt. They also have an assortment of cheaper stuff but the idea has always been high quality toys and hobby products at reasonable prices. They are not an expansion crazy operation that just buy up stuff with the sole purpose to grow (on borrowed funds). They have grown organically from making good choices and conservative financial thinking along a 60 year path. I am happy that it is these guys and not an investment firm or other speculative entity that needs here and now results to fuel their pseudo ponzi business model that is taking over.

They were already the (don't quote me on this) scandinavian re-sellers of HPI and Tamiya afaik. Maverick too, but I don't know that brand. HPI is very popular in Scandinavia. The Baja is everybodys first 5th scale.

HPI will fit right in with what Vestergaard is already doing, well.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks