New to 5th scale with the 5ive. Having a ball. What mods to research?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_h_d

I have 3 tanks on my new 5ive T. This things drives so well and handles terrain amazing. I live on 6 acres and have a good 2-3 acres open of hilly terrain to play on.
What mods are the best to research and decide on? More low end torque on hilly terrain would be nice. What will a tuned pipe do? What about a high flow intake? The noise level right now is acceptable, would a tuned pipe make it significantly louder? I have read that much of the sound comes from the intake.

For now top end is pretty good. A little more speed would be nice. Low end power would be most noticed on my terrain.

What will a tuned pipe do?
It will do wonders for your truck and make it MUCH more powerful, definitely the best performance investment for an engine!
I have read that much of the sound comes from the intake.
false. like VERY false, but toss a 1in v stack ands a triple dome on there with an outerwears, or u can use a tr air box
The noise level right now is acceptable, would a tuned pipe make it significantly louder?
Yes, if you want more silent look into the olimat silenced one sounds nice, but will be louder than stock
For now top end is pretty good. A little more speed would be nice. Low end power would be most noticed on my terrain.
tuned pipe for sure, I have the bartalone endbleed and its great, but there are lots of other options

I own a 5ive b

Last edited:
So my experience with actually owning the 2.0 is this. Get a esp race ported head for the 32cc engine or if you want to go 34cc get the kit and build the engine yourself. You have 2 options for tuned pipes which is silenced and unsilenced and if you don't want it to be much louder than silenced is your best option. As far as an intake the first thing to do immediately to save your engine is to get a better intake,air filter, pre filter and outerwears thats not an option its a must have. Put a 20 t pinion on your truck and you'll be running at about 48mph but remember more speed requires more power so if you wanna be running 50mph like me and the engine is good a 34cc engine and a good pipe is in order...

Also I call bull poop on the noise comes from the intake the person that wrote that must be on drugs. Intakes do make noise but nowhere near what an exhaust produces.

Have anymore questions use the search function here because myself and others have documented what we've done to our rigs and the results we got from each part.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks