New to the forums just bought KM Triton Blade!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's weird starting out again with RC. I don't have all the extra little nuts and screws and gas line and all those little things lol.. when I got out of the hobby I had a good 12-14 cars. Electric,nitro,gas. I'm excited to get back into it. I'm in a better place now and ready to go at it again haha. Last time I was into rc i had a traxxas t maxx that was pushing $1300 lol.. full fml. And some other custom cnc company. If I get really into these 1/5 scales this round I'd love to buy a engine kit and build it over the winter.

Lol. I'll atleast be able to break it in bone stock. I don't think it matters of I break it in with the pipe or not.

Well I recieved the truck brand new in the package. And this is what I open up and find. The curse begins lmao... it's just sinking in. So what should I replace the rears with? Is there a rpm brand replacement?
Oh jesus, see anything else odd?

Attachments

• 20200422_142010.jpg
    20200422_142010.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200422_142029.jpg
    20200422_142029.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200422_142034.jpg
    20200422_142034.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200422_143731.jpg
    20200422_143731.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Well I recieved the truck brand new in the package. And this is what I open up and find. The curse begins lmao... it's just sinking in. So what should I replace the rears with? Is there a rpm brand replacement?
Oh jesus, see anything else odd?
The only upgrade replacement for the rear hubs is aluminum. Hostile makes the best ones but they are pretty pricey. .what else is wrong with it?

It's looking like a grave yard over here lol.. so far I've only found that broken rear hub carrier and a missing beadlock ring. I want what ever those manufacturers are smoking lol. So for now I robbed the front wheels off the hpi and the rear carrier. I atleast want to break this new one in today.
Sucks. I need to find and order the little screws for the missing beadlock too. Not just the rings.

Attachments

• 20200422_160733.jpg
    20200422_160733.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200422_160742.jpg
    20200422_160742.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Here's the problem though, I did email the seller. It's off of ebay. It was sealed in the box new. The only thing the seller can do is send me another sealed box. So I send it back wait a week or more to get another. All to possibly open it up to another problem filled model. Think I'm going to bite the bullet as long as it starts and runs. I'd replace those Carriers anyways. The beadlock ring isnt a huge deal. I don't like orange bead rings anyways was planning on buying a set. Just missing those little screws sucks lol.

Hold up...they didn't install an entire beadlock and the man is driving on the wrong side???

The guy driving is on the right side. That picture just made it look like the other dude was haha.
These shocks are in need of shock oil. Cpl are stiff cpl are ok. What oil do you guys recommend? What oil do you use in the rear diff? After I break it in I'm stripping it completely down and installing a few upgrades. I'm going to be making a list tonight. It appears to be a long list ???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks