New vekta 5 buyer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanx much went through all four shocks , all four we're very loose like half off , did all four with latex tape , had to refill the leaker , that was a little tricky getting it right level and getting the air out , but all good , thanx !
More learning experience !!! Can some one pleases explain how I have lost my Killswitch control on my futaba t3pv , it no longer switches it off H E L P !!!!

Dear Relic,
I have never took apart a carburetor, but I can see a gasket in between the bottom plate and the carburetor housing.
Maybe that is the source of the leak. There is a large screw on the plate maybe you can tighten it?
For the cost I take the easy way out and just buy a new carburetor.
But that's just me.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Carb2.PNG

Been running the wheels off my vecta , have had no luck at all with my Killswitch problem , had two shops try to figger no luck , Steve is tired of talking about it with me s, so I'm wondering before I buy a new Killswitch set up , has anybody had a killer rc Killswitch go bad , any input is greatly appreciated , and no 5 scale is not dead , just ask my neibors ???

Been running the wheels off my vecta , have had no luck at all with my Killswitch problem , had two shops try to figger no luck , Steve is tired of talking about it with me s, so I'm wondering before I buy a new Killswitch set up , has anybody had a killer rc Killswitch go bad , any input is greatly appreciated , and no 5 scale is not dead , just ask my neibors ???
My kill switch failed, it happens.
I bit the bullet and purchased a new one, problem solved.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

I was looking at trepodore tires for my vekta , we get a lot of snow here I was looking at those for warm winter days trying to find out if they will fit on stock vekta wheels or is it just more money than I hoped , any input is very appreciated

Dear Relic-1,
To run these tires I had to rebuild the transmission with DDM Mega Torque Gear Set KV103 and install all new bearings, install a Steering Servo Bracket Kit KV2240 for dual steering, a Kraken TS-555HV Servo KV3323 and KV602RCR Brake Upgrade Kit because of the weight. Total cost including tires and inserts $440.00.
P.S. Tires will fix on stock wheels.
I will take you though the full hardware conversation (See Pictures attached).
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

IMG_0494.jpgIMG_0496.jpgIMG_0509.jpgIMG_0504.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't no the steering upgrade was needed , the r.c. adventure dudes are running them with normal steering , jeeeeeeeze I hope not or I'll be devorced soon .??
Also , I'm on my third tank of gas hopeing bearings will be good also ??

Last edited:
First off ,William , that's a beautiful thing , great job , I'll catching up to you soonly , my rig was a r.t.r. , I own several trucks , and even the vekta is no different , it needs stuff and my silly addiction , comes up with money traps also , but that's why we do this , to fiddle with stuff to get some kind of satisfaction I geuss ? My significant other wants to know what I'm up to Everytime I star googling on the yoogler , I'm running out of fake reasons , heck already been 86,Ed from the hobby shop , she's on person to person with the owner ???

First off ,William , that's a beautiful thing , great job , I'll catching up to you soonly , my rig was a r.t.r. , I own several trucks , and even the vekta is no different , it needs stuff and my silly addiction , comes up with money traps also , but that's why we do this , to fiddle with stuff to get some kind of satisfaction I geuss ? My significant other wants to know what I'm up to Everytime I star googling on the yoogler , I'm running out of fake reasons , heck already been 86,Ed from the hobby shop , she's on person to person with the owner ???

Dear Relic-1,
I feel your pain, my wife wants me to sell everything and get back into my playing my guitar and keyboard.
NO WAY!!!!!
Check out the new Losi 5ive-T 2.0 (very nice stock upgrades).
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks