Nomadio Large Scale Support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup and you will be able to to check your points online like airline miles.

Did I mention the factory Contrast team is converting to Nomadio Reacts? So that is the entire RS5 Dutch team and now the Contrast factory team from Spain. Large scale and Nomadio go hand in hand.

Yep, I will just have to convert more freaks to Nomadio, already have one person I know will be getting one this week, I talked him into it over the "other brand", because he needs 4 channels :p

I have a legit 5th scale question.

Is the V2 transceiver able to cope with 2 large 1/4 scale servos as used for steering in MCD models? (using a Y adapter)

I had one of my transceivers go faulty 2 weeks ago (lost throttle and the 3rd channel) in my rock crawler when running inside my house. Nomadio support suspects blown outputs but cannot understand how this could happen as the truck wasn’t under undue load when the failure occurred which makes me nervous using it in my MCD as I suspect the 2 servos (Hitec5745's) could pull more current than my small crawler servos.

What is the output current rating of the Normadio transceiver?

Jump over to the Nomadio Forum You'll get an answer pretty quick, or call the contact # on the website, ext. 202, Scott will answer or find the answer.

I have a legit 5th scale question.

Is the V2 transceiver able to cope with 2 large 1/4 scale servos as used for steering in MCD models? (using a Y adapter)

I had one of my transceivers go faulty 2 weeks ago (lost throttle and the 3rd channel) in my rock crawler when running inside my house. Nomadio support suspects blown outputs but cannot understand how this could happen as the truck wasn’t under undue load when the failure occurred which makes me nervous using it in my MCD as I suspect the 2 servos (Hitec5745's) could pull more current than my small crawler servos.

What is the output current rating of the Normadio transceiver?

You should consider running the servos power direct from the battery if you're concerned. If you don't want to make the harness, Dave's Discount Motors sells them. All of us large scale guys should be running the servos that way, some of us are just too lazy....

Thanks VTL1180. Never thought of doing it that way. I believe the Nomadio's are rated to 18v but they never specified the actual current rating. They did say they have no built in protection so if you had a servo short then it would blow the tranceiver. Your method would bypass all that and the only connection from the tranceiver to the servo would be the low voltage/current signal wire.

Excellent idea!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks