Obr wt1242 carb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanna look and tell me what number is cast inside the bore behind the choke butterfly? Obr isnt releasing any specs on it.
Actually not priced bad for what it comes with either.

It’s basically a 990 with the ethanol mods and it has a different metering spring with a lower pop off pressure. Supposed to feed more fuel than a 990.

Yeah that was interesting. Can tell the guy giving itsnt really a carb guy. But at least we know what the pop pressure is now lol.
Oh hey btw I'm gonna say once they offer the bored version, it will run exactly like a rooster tail carb.
I have 2 of the 1242 i got from obr. They are nice but i could notice a decent boost in performance with my full mod rt 990 over the 1242

The rt990 is over bored, so its essentially a larger carb. Like I said once obr starts offering their bored version I doubt there will be much, if any difference between the two. They had walbro do what rooster tail does in house.

The primer bulb retainer plate is not some new beefed up one. It is the one off of the style carbs we use that Walbro no longer makes. We have them when we took them off the carbs we modified with the primer body itself we were thinking of selling.

Last edited:
Gonna try one. Putting it on a esp ported g320 for the vekta5 .Anyone got any idea what settings to start at?

Attachments

• 7093B3E4-FA81-4F46-9C28-C4A1F00A21EF.jpeg
    7093B3E4-FA81-4F46-9C28-C4A1F00A21EF.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 25
Wanna look and tell me what number is cast inside the bore behind the choke butterfly? Obr isnt releasing any specs on it.
Actually not priced bad for what it comes with either.

Attachments

• F9751C69-38B3-451D-8194-EA4E18B28F08.jpeg
    F9751C69-38B3-451D-8194-EA4E18B28F08.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 25
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks