OHHH PEEE EEEEE. show off those other 2 stroke gems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonsered with big ported top end and custom exhaust, and just bought a brand new stihl trimmer

View attachment 59842View attachment 59843View attachment 59844View attachment 59845
Love me a husqred saw lol. Duel port. Loud as fek eh? The 359 and 346 have single stinger exhaust. Ill post up the 562xp when it's all done up. Just have the exhaust to finish gutting and waiting on a few bits and Bob's for it. See if I can get the wife to film it and figure out how to post it up. don't hold your breath..

Love me a husqred saw lol. Duel port. Loud as fek eh? The 359 and 346 have single stinger exhaust. Ill post up the 562xp when it's all done up. Just have the exhaust to finish gutting and waiting on a few bits and Bob's for it. See if I can get the wife to film it and figure out how to post it up. don't hold your breath..

It's not to bad really, it does sound pretty mean though haha. What's the fix to keep the dam chain oil from leaking?

When I rebuilt the top end I also out a new metal side and seal on the case where the oil port is for the chain oil. It still leaks terrible, had 2 jonsered and they all leak their. Hell my dad's brand new one does to

Normally it either a pressure difference from running getting hot, pressure can build up in the case and keep pushing oil out. Let it sit and cool a bit then pop the cap loose to release any pressure and put cap back on, or it's where the pickup tube goes Into the case. I normally put a dab of honda bond or the like around new pickups when I install them. Worse case is the case gasket it shot but that's unlikely. Try the cap trick and see if it slows/stops the leak.
A little oil is normal as that area behind the tin cover fills up after running... kinda crappy design, drips a little oil, shouldn't be much, but all 13 or whatever saws I own leak a bit like that. Only ones real bad when I forget to pop the cap before I put them away.

21bb it's a Ms310. And nice collection. I have an old tsc special single stage blower stuck in the shed. Works way better then the most of the 2 stage blowers I've used. I'm home now have to do some chores but I'll get some pics up of my toys.
The Ariens is just way to heavy, eats shear pins like crazy, doesn't clean down to the concrete, and barely tosses the snow. Im not a small guy and its a struggle to maneuver it. The toro just does everything better. I purchased this if I need a larger machine for heavy deep snow.20200315_142630.jpg
Luck now 5' pto drive blower. This thing chews through anything. First year I had it, most of my millings driveway was spread over the lawn.? had to make wider skis for it. Just sucks driving in reverse so I don't use it much. Need a long pto shaft to connect to my mid mount so I can front mount blower. ?‍♂️

Normally it either a pressure difference from running getting hot, pressure can build up in the case and keep pushing oil out. Let it sit and cool a bit then pop the cap loose to release any pressure and put cap back on, or it's where the pickup tube goes Into the case. I normally put a dab of honda bond or the like around new pickups when I install them. Worse case is the case gasket it shot but that's unlikely. Try the cap trick and see if it slows/stops the leak.
A little oil is normal as that area behind the tin cover fills up after running... kinda crappy design, drips a little oil, shouldn't be much, but all 13 or whatever saws I own leak a bit like that. Only ones real bad when I forget to pop the cap before I put them away.

I will give that a poop since I have never done that.

Yeah we talked about getting one for here at work, but had 2 problems I work with morons amd the tractor is pathetically small for a decent front mount. Oh well one day
Mines only a 30hp tractor, with 24pto and it runs the blower well. A multi speed pto helps. Most new are 540 only. Mines a 540/1000, with a 2000 mid mount. They work better with the faster rpm imo.

My dads boat has 3 pto 540 700 1000. The 1k is worthless. The tractor at work is a new Holland t4.75. Plenty of snot it's just built too light. The blowers we were looking at were to load trucks and had to be able to cast min 500ft away. Tractor just ain't got the stuff. Barely handles the 3 point flail mower.

@seanthis POS stihl doesn't like to start unless I hold the throttle wide open, choke on primed etc.

I've tried adjusting the carb a bit, but not sure what I need to do.

Ugh, isnt that the new trimmer you got? I'm going to guess it's got the 4 mix engine as well. They are er a bit goofy. Once ita running does it have good power? Struggle to pick up rpm off idle? Normally a start issue on these is one of these things. (I'll go through my whole list, in no particular order because I haven't found a rhyme or reason to these things) carboned up screen on muffler, carboned/ gunned up valves, bad plug, clogged up air filter, plugged up fuel filter. I would first look at the air filter. The stupid tank vents right on the clean side of the filter,(on our trimmers at work anyway) so any fuel that splashes out from moving it around soaks the filter. Stupid design. Next would be to check the screen. Not normally an issue unless theres tons of hours on it. Spark plug next, yes they can look fine and be junk. And finally if the dumb little valves are carboned/ gummed up they start like a mother. Now I'm going to ask a really stupid question, your running stihl hp ultra oil, right? I ask because if it needs to go for warranty work, the dealer will ask, and you better say yes. It is the only oil they reccomend and to stihl it's a use this or no warranty on your trimmer. And if the valves are cruddy (again unlikely being its new) they (stihl) will blame it on whatever they can, ie wrong oil. Oh and what model is it. I'll try to find if there were any sort of service bulletins for it to. Cheers.
Edit. Fuel filter should be ok with low hours as well, but weve had our 2 newest trimmers at the dealer about 6 times between the two of them, and last time each came back fixed they had plugs and new fuel filters on them. For what it's worth, I think stihl has had a bad run of filters here late.

Last edited:
The Ariens is just way to heavy, eats shear pins like crazy, doesn't clean down to the concrete, and barely tosses the snow. Im not a small guy and its a struggle to maneuver it. The toro just does everything better. I purchased this if I need a larger machine for heavy deep snow.View attachment 59854
Luck now 5' pto drive blower. This thing chews through anything. First year I had it, most of my millings driveway was spread over the lawn.? had to make wider skis for it. Just sucks driving in reverse so I don't use it much. Need a long pto shaft to connect to my mid mount so I can front mount blower. ?‍♂️

Lol...I thought it said Fu** /no on the front!.... :unsure:

Sean ,I have some old new stock big size carb kits an also a huge Walbro carb ,for big saws ,they are yours if
you need them ,just PM me if you want to see pics ,pics of every things already uploaded!

If not ,they are being tossed!...:cool:

I will try to get your package out tomorrow ,since the virus thing ,the post office maybe different ,but I have everything boxed
up now an ready!
I also went out in the shed an found a lot more ,they will be in the box ,LOL....I also found 2 different ones that you might
enjoy ,that will be a surprise!
But anyway ,if they help you out on getting that old nostalgic piece running or someone elses ,then I would be glad that
they can be a good use!,,,,(y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks