Oil next to plug on the head??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteolheadz100

Everytime i run my car i notice there is a little oil around the spark plug, what is causing this? Spark plug is on tight , don't know where it comes from?

You might not have given the washer enough crush on it. You need to tighten them pretty good so the sealing washer can do its job. It may feel tight but you might not have it tight enough for the sealing washer to work. Adding sealing will now cause the possibility of it not grounding or having a bad ground and not ignition firing issues.

How tight should these be torqued down, i turn until its snug hsn give about 1/8 turn, seems pretty tight, again i wouldnt want to strip the threads

The stock plug that came with my motor looks almost flat, not to mention that plug when snugged down it keeps turning like if the threads are stripped , i bought an ngk plug and this one doesn't keep spinning but im afraid of over torquing it and damaging the aasher or threads...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks