Ok lets discuss this video real quick.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not gonna sit here and make the whole thread about just bashing the people in this video for their obvious immense stupidity for running an RC 5th scale without a failsafe however I AM gonna say that running it without a kill switch is plain not giving a heck about other people's safety.

I would NEVER run a 5th scale without a killswitch because I know what could happen, I've seen plenty of times my radio just glitch out and my failsafe do its thing. It's gut wrenching every time and to see it get this bad in the video makes me realize why most guys who run rc's get chased out of public parks and lots.

B.M Powered should be ashamed of themselves for even letting this happen. Its almost like leaving a loaded gun in the oven, what do you think is GOING to happen. If anything at least we now have the ultimate video to show new guys why to run kills switches. Imagine the lawsuit if he had hurt a child.

Lastly IDK what he was talking about saying the kill switch would not have done anything, to my knowledge all noteworthy kill switches kill the engine when suddenly unpowered and wont let the engine start up without power. IM not even GOING to start on that puffed lipo.

Im honestly thinking about starting a push to make these companies REQUIRE a kill switch when they sell RCs with Zenoah engines.

Last edited:
I almost had a runaway yesterday, cane in to check temps, brakes didnt work, then the servos start acting up and then the killswitch kicked in, 5ive b would be in much worse condition had it not
In that case it wouldn't have technically been your fault however its always your responsibility. KNOWINGLY running without a kill switch is pretty messed up in my opinion.

i got a dynamite in the baja and super bee in losi. Idk about dynamie, my uncle has been through 2 and they each only lasted a couple runs seem kinda hit or miss, you can also see this in the amazon reveiws
I'm not gonna sit here and make the whole thread about just bashing the people in this video for their obvious immense stupidity for running an RC 5th scale without a failsafe however I AM gonna say that running it without a kill switch is plain not giving a heck about other people's safety.

I would NEVER run a 5th scale without a killswitch because I know what could happen, I've seen plenty of times my radio just glitch out and my failsafe do its thing. It's gut wrenching every time and to see it get this bad in the video makes me realize why most guys who run rc's get chased out of public parks and lots.

B.M Powered should be ashamed of themselves for even letting this happen. Its almost like leaving a loaded gun in the oven, what do you think is GOING to happen. If anything at least we now have the ultimate video to show new guys why to run kills switches. Imagine the lawsuit if he had hurt a child.

Lastly IDK what he was talking about saying the kill switch would not have done anything, to my knowledge all noteworthy kill switches kill the engine when suddenly unpowered and wont let the engine start up without power. IM not even GOING to start on that puffed lipo.

Im honestly thinking about starting a push to make these companies REQUIRE a kill switch when they sell RCs with Zenoah engines.
btw those guys just seem like idiots in general when it comes to 5th scale imo

super bee kill switches have never let me down so far (y),
yeh there a tad more expensive than some, but i have one in every 1/5 rc,
i wont run without one (y), plus i check it before every run,

edit; not sure what he was on about in the vid, with a super bee at least if battery becomes disconnected then it kills the engine,
no power to the kill switch it no run,

Last edited:
These guys are absolute fools and are clueless. Jumping the Vekta or any combustion powered rc and tumbling the machine with just a glance over inspection is the problem here. There should be pre run check every f-ing time. Why didn't he make sure his servos were operating properly before he even thought about starting it again. This video is just stupid and purely operator error. But ask @JohnParks what happens when your switch shuts off while using a killer bee setup at WOT, it'd be the same as your battery unplugging. And it's a Vekta, so I'm sure by judging these clowns they did minimal to tidy up the wiring and just crammed everything in the battery box. poop does happen. And I agree 100% every rc manufacturer should be required by law to install factory failsafe devices.
Ive had to kill my Vekta, before I got my @Haric box. I had a very close call, wiring was too crammed.

Last edited:
That was fun to watch. :ROFLMAO: No offense to anyone that owns a Vecta but damn they are slow pigs with the stock motors in them. No wonders some of you guys put big bores in them .

Trooper Something to think about. Not everyone joins a forum when they buy something like a 1/5ths scale. They just think it's a big toy RC like the 1/10 scale they started withand run it like they stole it. When I got my 1/5th scale I didn't know anything about kill switchs till I joined the forum and it was recommended. Minimum even Rovans and KMs have Failsafes set up on their RC's . Now for the smo that was running that Vekta all bets are off if he built that as a kit. Obviously he never installed a Kill switch and probably never set up the failsafe either.

Last edited:
That was fun to watch. :ROFLMAO: No offense to anyone that owns a Vecta but damn they are slow pigs with the stock motors in them. No wonders some of you guys put big bores in them .

Trooper Something to think about. Not everyone joins a forum when they buy something like a 1/5ths scale. They just think it's a big toy RC like the 1/10 scale they started withand run it like they stole it. When I got my 1/5th scale I didn't know anything about kill switchs till I joined the forum and it was recommended. Minimum even Rovans and KMs have Failsafes set up on their RC's . Now for the smo that was running that Vekta all bets are off if he built that as a kit. Obviously he never installed a Kill switch and probably never set up the failsafe either.
yep and as you probably already know he knows about kill switches and made the conscience decision not to run one. For those who are new and bought one not knowing about kill switches, its unfortunate BUT the companies should retain a small bit a liability for not providing it out of the box. This is something that could be integrated in the radio system itself if awareness is made.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks