On the hunt for a rare 15cc Zenoah

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They where a hot setup for the guys with open wheel F1s. When modded and the squish dropped they were run on methy and max 927 and would spin up to 24,000 without blinking a eye. I got a carbon fiber/ titanium project that we here are going to start on shortly, A crap load of machine time going in this one!!!!!!!

They where a hot setup for the guys with open wheel F1s. When modded and the squish dropped they were run on methy and max 927 and would spin up to 24,000 without blinking a eye. I got a carbon fiber/ titanium project that we here are going to start on shortly, A crap load of machine time going in this one!!!!!!!
Make a thread for it plz

Titanium tubing, flat stock ,solid round , blocks for bulkheads and a large sheet of .312 for a one piece chassis is on the way as we speak. But to get every part ever made for a B platform in carbon fiber orders are being made from all over the world to get it all. There is a ton of stuff out there but you have to dig dig dig to uncover it. I today just made a complete hollow Titanium hinge pin set for my 5b out the 1/4 OD X .062 wall tubing. took a finish reamer in .250 and reamed the chassis , cut and ring grooved the tube on lathe and using super tough snap ring to keep on. Its looks weird standing in front of buggy and seeing daylight through the pins/tubes. It cut the weight of a hinge pin set by 1/2 easy. I put a piece of the tubing in vise and put a reamed RPM arm on it and me and my buddy ripped the arm off the tubing with vise grips and a hammer and tore the eyes out of the arm, took the tubing and spun in lathe and it was still true! TEST PASSED, Gave up a new RPM arm to the r/c gods as the wife would not let me toss her in a volcano...............

Hey would you may be able to use the zen 20cc for your build? They are much easier to find. Idk if they came in an car version though... or even put a smaller jug one one?
Or couldn't he lower the stroke to get down there?
Titanium tubing, flat stock ,solid round , blocks for bulkheads and a large sheet of .312 for a one piece chassis is on the way as we speak. But to get every part ever made for a B platform in carbon fiber orders are being made from all over the world to get it all. There is a ton of stuff out there but you have to dig dig dig to uncover it. I today just made a complete hollow Titanium hinge pin set for my 5b out the 1/4 OD X .062 wall tubing. took a finish reamer in .250 and reamed the chassis , cut and ring grooved the tube on lathe and using super tough snap ring to keep on. Its looks weird standing in front of buggy and seeing daylight through the pins/tubes. It cut the weight of a hinge pin set by 1/2 easy. I put a piece of the tubing in vise and put a reamed RPM arm on it and me and my buddy ripped the arm off the tubing with vise grips and a hammer and tore the eyes out of the arm, took the tubing and spun in lathe and it was still true! TEST PASSED, Gave up a new RPM arm to the r/c gods as the wife would not let me toss her in a volcano...............
Sounds like sum tough stuff ? when u have all the parts and stuff together, plz take photos. This will be a nice build for sure ?

My phone got soaked/sprayed with coolant as I left it laying on mill table and now my smartphone is no longer smarter than me, HA! now I got one up on the damn thing now!!! lol .Still got a ton bunch of brew in frig so won't be pissed about it till morning. The kid from next door with the 45 just changed gears out to 19/55 and went back out to ice track and the damn thing still will wheelie the whole back straight !. It is a really good rovan motor and not a regular one......lol..lol..

My phone got soaked/sprayed with coolant as I left it laying on mill table and now my smartphone is no longer smarter than me, HA! now I got one up on the damn thing now!!! lol .Still got a ton bunch of brew in frig so won't be pissed about it till morning. The kid from next door with the 45 just changed gears out to 19/55 and went back out to ice track and the damn thing still will wheelie the whole back straight !. It is a really good rovan motor and not a regular one......lol..lol..
Well that sux.

I got the kid on Sunoco SS100 fuel and max927 at 20:1 and the carb set rich as hell, Now with more load on the motor with gear change it cleaned right up by it self as far as needle settings, the motor likes to have a good load and not rev to run the best. I bet it would pull a 3 speed cluster pretty good if set to short shift....................

They were not around long when the cc war started to kick in. purple pink blue green unicorn might be easier to hunt down. I'm swinging my interest to a Tiger King 26cc long rod liquid cooled from Gizzmo's and a brushless TCS Micropump from UK. I know a guy that will make any size heat exchanger that can use heat sinking fluid or engine ice coolant with a ton of wetting agent added. That 26 got me hooked!!!! and these new pumps can now make it happen. Look the stuff up and see if you can keep credit card under control!!!...Cool stuff

I know they made them as Tower hobbies had some many years ago and we used to laugh at the HP rating as our .21 nitros were more than double it was...
That tiger king has full water jackets and a removable dome in head and a steel liner in cylinder you can slide out to fiddle with port windows. It looks like a dirt bike motor just smaller

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks