One for all members on LSF.

Do you prefer .....

• Gas

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
I have been in a conversation with another member on here and this guy asks will petrol/gas engines ever go out of fashion. Our member says that with the electric technology getting better is there going to be such a thing as a petrol/gas engined car in the future is another way to put it.
I said that people have preferences with what they drive. I have both gas and electric cars but wonder what you guys prefare?
Answers in the pole please.

Only gas for right now....love the sound and smell. Electric is less maintenance. If better battery tech as in run tomes and price come around...I might jump in.

1/8 scale or smaller I prefer electric. 1/5 scale may make sense for me with the next battery tech leap, but I do enjoy the low cost of operation with my gassers.

I'm with buzzsaw on the 1/8 scalers. I have converted all of my 1/8 into electric and am more than pleased as I cannot be doing with the messing around with nitro engines. This is probably why I switched over to petrol/gas engines a good while ago.
The poll so far shows 13 members are more swayed over to the gas engines that electric......keep theose votes coming;)

J

I have an 1/8th Losi LST2 on electric. That thing is viscious and its not because the engine or esc is anything otherwordly. I don't think gas/nitro will ever go out of fashion in the sense that there will be an audience and competitions for it. The racket and drama is just that much bigger with a toy powered by explosions. I think my next largescale is going to be electric tho. The engines and esc's out now are steep but their power is downright frightening and I can run in my neighbourhood without making enemies. And I think many people think like me and will opt for the comfort and fewer enemies so bashing is definately moving over to electric. If it cannot be argued that it is there already. nitro cars are given away in the second hand market here atm.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks