one more rc Dirt bike announcment today. 1/4 scale BL dirt bike from Venom.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmahh

Bajastafarian Madnes
PLUS member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i ve never been a big venom fan. some of their stuff was ok, some was kinda poopy.

last year they introduced a GPV1 1/8th scale street bike. seems they have done a very good job with it, and the 1/8th scale bike scene is getting pretty thick now world wide.

we here stateside have seen this side of the hobby takeing hold. but we lacked behind the euros with the dirt bikes. well other than the King of the Court, the Ricky bike introduced by Radio Shack no less. lol

But. Dirt bikes and supermotards are gaing big momentum.

first was the ARx 1/4 scales, and then the Anderson M5s available mostly in europe. a few months back, Duratrax announced their DX450, which is a relabled Anderson. its made for Duratrax by anderson.

and today, per the thread title, Venom Group just announced their 1/4 scale Dirt bike. and i have to say its a very good looking unit.
looks like they started with the ARx 1/4 scale model, made some changes, and redesigned afew things to get the price down. plus a stuffed scale appearance rider. come Brushless with 2.4 also.

here is the link to the announcment.
http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=VEN-0400

it has some very nice features as well, and though its probably very similar to the ARx it appears to be quite a bit different in the end.
may have to get one of these for the garage too. lol i haven't yet ran the DX450 even. lmao

Man i can see the us market heating UP in the large scale offroad side of things!!

obviously not too long. going to make a couple calls and see what this thing is going to go for out the door.

ya theirs a bit to it.
1/4 scale over 1/5
comes with upgraded hydro front shocks over the plastics
gyro appears to be electric, dx is mechanical. im still out on this feature, im not sure an electric gyro is up to the task imo. i think mech may be the best option here but...
foam rider over hollow lexan rider so it ll take the abuse and its more scale looking
the traction control unit looks interesting. i don't know as i would call it traction control although it should help with traction overall. i would more likely call it a self adjusting chain tension system, that can aid with traction when in very rough surfaces.
3chnl 2.4 radio with 3rd cnl mixing for brake servos
off the shelf available MX, Motard and Paddle tires.
and at the same price point as the DX450/M5.

ya im getting one. may even look into doing some online store for parts and hop ups as well. i know of a couple that do alot of stuff. but other than 2wheelhobby, their doesn't seem to be alot of good options here stateside.

I can see these selling very well in my area. especially at that cost.

Pipeous sent me the link to 2wheelhobby a few months ago and I visit the site on occasion. Cool stuff.

I'll have to kick all of this around. I may steer towards the Duratrax just because of Tower's parts support and cost. Anything electric allows me to play a bit more with two small kids and I don't have to leave the house. They freak out when I crank up the gas engines. One won't come outside without earplugs!

vmxwbatt.jpg

update pic on battery placement!

looks good to me.

and the rider. this is the master mould, used to make the foam mould to do the riders.
riderfig.jpg
[/QUOTE]

ya, ive looked around his site. nice, and obviously is only offering a limited amount of items atm. but so far, i have found more for it at LSRC than anywhere except tower. Plus Venom should be available thru Horizon, or HPS i think it is. so most any shop should have stuff on hand.

but if i can get into it and get poop setup, i d do both the dirts, and start maybe dealing with the onraod stuff. though the offroad has more appeal in my area.

The latest news on the VMX450 that I have heard is it will not be available in the US do to a patent issue. My friend emailed Venom to ask about battery size and the release date, they emailed him back and told them due to a patent issue they would not be able to release it in the US after all. I still see it listed on Tower and other sites so hopefully they will be able to work something out. Has anyone else heard about this?

Email Response:
“Bad news..... After a meeting I had this morning we are going to be unable to sell this product in the use due to patent issues. So this will not be available in the US after all.

Thank you”

RUMOUR SQUASHED!!! Here's Chris Nicastro's response to this

''We are pushing forward as planned and announced. We are looking for early summer release like we said before. We plan to be selling world wide.

Chris''

RUMOUR SQUASHED!!! Here's Chris Nicastro's response to this

''We are pushing forward as planned and announced. We are looking for early summer release like we said before. We plan to be selling world wide.

Chris''

That is great news!!!! I am glad Chris responded, that is why I made the post to see if what I was told was indeed the case. I have the DX450 but I am going to get this bike when it becomes available, is it summer yet!!

update on the VMX.
new release date is slated for Sept now.
here is a vid of the bike. doesn't look too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks