One of a kind aluminum monocoque chassis!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good stuff right there guys! Gave me a lot to look at and research. I do like the two stroke route as I'm a big fan of them racing mx and enduros growing up (yz125 and kx250). Size will obviously be a factor as I'm going to be cutting and grinding to squeeze that little bugger in there. Also really looking forward to fabricating the fuel tank as well. Bringing it up to a hobby shop this weekend to start mocking and eyeing it up to see what kind of fit I'm looking at. Good times await...

Get plenty of pics whilst ur doing the mock ups?...pls?
Definitely! It slipped my mind that it's Thanksgiving so they might not be open, but if they are rest assured... Oh, I did have a other question, is anyone familiar with Detroit performance? I would like to know if they do quality work. I live in the area and it would be pretty cool if I could keep it hometown ya know.

Definitely! It slipped my mind that it's Thanksgiving so they might not be open, but if they are rest assured... Oh, I did have a other question, is anyone familiar with Detroit performance? I would like to know if they do quality work. I live in the area and it would be pretty cool if I could keep it hometown ya know.
Detroit performance is great ?

Yes, this is going to take quite some time. A lot of thinking and planning before I think of a plan. But this is exactly what I was looking for when I got back into rc. My eyes are bleeding from all the research I've been doing since I got the chassis. My phone and laptop are seriously going simultaneously as I type. On the docket is drivetrain components. Just browsing around at what's out there. Oohhh... Shiny!!! ?

Yeah even looks like it was intended for a solid axle ?
That's funny because I've been looking at the kracken and favoring toward that set up. I threw the tape out and it's pretty close to matching. Not real close but close enough.
That's funny because I've been looking at the kracken and favoring toward that set up. I threw the tape out and it's pretty close to matching. Not real close but close enough.
And with the live axle I won't have to worry about concocting a sub frame for the differential to mount to.

Last edited:
Very cool and very different, I like it.
What are the physical dimensions of the chassis, inside and out?
Just from the pictures shown, a gas drivetrain will definitely pose a challenge.
Looks more like a rock bouncer chassis and a solid axle suspension seems like it would fit that application perfectly.

Its (LWH) 24.5"x10.5"x7". Engine bay would be 9"x8"x7" approximately. These numbers are obviously adjustable via Mr. Dewalt. After some eye rubbing research it's without a doubt gonna be a solid axle. As far as a crawler goes that's gonna be a last resort but it would be a pretty gnarly concept.

Here is a little more to the history on this puppy, after the convention it was at to showcase updates to newer casting methods, it was on the way back literally to the melting pot to be recycled. Yeah... My bud just happened to walk by and snatched it out right before it went in? I told him from now on to go by the area to get anything that resembles a smaller car part.

I think it would be the perfect candidate for a nasty brushless set up. They'd fit perfectly inside that caged area with little to no massaging, I think haha.
Its a rather odd shape, that's for sure.
Have you made any progress on cleaning it up and removing what wouldn't be needed?

I think it would be the perfect candidate for a nasty brushless set up. They'd fit perfectly inside that caged area with little to no massaging, I think haha.
Its a rather odd shape, that's for sure.
Have you made any progress on cleaning it up and removing what wouldn't be needed?
Honestly I have made zero progress outside of research with the holidays, multiple birthday, work, blah blah blah... Mostly because I just got done with an 1/8 buggy project that has been eating up my bench time. But this weekend or next I have two day weekends and the woman is away soooo... I will be posting pics as this Frankenstein will begin it's life. And brushless is not ruled out, I have to see how much head room I can grind out. The plan is gas (I fu@#!ng love engines) but with this being such an odd build brushless may be a more flexible format.

Honestly I have made zero progress outside of research with the holidays, multiple birthday, work, blah blah blah... Mostly because I just got done with an 1/8 buggy project that has been eating up my bench time. But this weekend or next I have two day weekends and the woman is away soooo... I will be posting pics as this Frankenstein will begin it's life. And brushless is not ruled out, I have to see how much head room I can grind out. The plan is gas (I fu@#!ng love engines) but with this being such an odd build brushless may be a more flexible format.

I hear that, there's definitely not enough time in a day.
I am gasser myself and would much prefer to hear a 2 stroke than nothing haha but was just considering the size comparison and what would be needed to make it fit, driveline, pipe and intake. Its a pretty area to cover and with the way the cage is I think you'd have to do quite a bit of chopping to make the gasser fit while it would be minimal for an electric set up.
Excited to see where this goes and the progress you make.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks