Other Hobbies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . . is that a 57' Les Paul by chance?
My other hobby is Graphite Mining & Wood Working. I build my own No.2 pencils, and then write short stories, flash fiction, novellas, and novels.
It is not. It is a Carvin CS6 carve top, Les Paul Clone but made in USA. I did have a Les Paul Spotlight Special long ago. Had to sell it to finance my divorce. Then I found it again on Reverb and it sold for $8500. (serial #on the headstock made it easy to identify, #9 out of 52 made) I did not get that much when I sold it. It was a heavy guitar to be practical but was a fine looker. I only had several black and white pictures and one in color. Bought it new in 1984 for $860 (marked down from $2000). That is what I got for it when I sold it. Bummer.

Attachments

• les paul spot front with robin and fender.jpg
    les paul spot front with robin and fender.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 2
  • les paul spot sn.jpg
    les paul spot sn.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 2
  • 20190714_212601.jpg
    20190714_212601.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2
I gotta get me one of them e-bikes. My buddy got one for running the sand beaches and I always figured it was a matter of time before they cracked down on them. I was wrong. Guys on the beaches here like the RAD bikes. One guy got over 6k miles on his.
Yep they are here to stay now. Some straight up look like motorcycle now.

Since this has no relation to actual forum (I am not going to bother with pics)..
But other hobbies, well for last 3 ~ 4 decades I
1. have well over 5,000 star wars items (still in boxes, most double boxed)
2. Tons would be wrong word, but in my life yes ton(s) would fit for the home theater/stereo setup(s) I have (and had).
Heck a few of my amps were near 200 pounds, and current sub is 200 pounds.
3. Blu-ray, 4K, 3D collection in the thousands (granted, sold dvd's, vhs, as well my second time with Blu-ray, so all added up no clue on how many I have had.
4. Have a good size anime collection. But I stopped buying them YEARS ago. So most of the stuff is VERY hard to find now.
5. 1/18 scale die cast movie cars again, stopped buying years ago. So these are what most would consider collectible(s) now.
6. Not large scale per-se, but RC stuff in almost all sizes (1/4 scale down to 1/28) at this time, at least a dozen car and or trucks most nitro, but some gas, and some electric.

7. Not a hoarder, as I have NO attachment to any 1 item/things.
But am a loner, for most part since my disability.
I hoard all the love I get from my immediate family, that are still alive. And miss my younger brother (that has my niece and nephew).
So, each time I see him/them I overdo it with kisses on the cheeks, (his wife is uncomfortable with me kissing her, on neck/cheek) etc...
Her loss :rolleyes:

Since this has no relation to actual forum (I am not going to bother with pics)..
But other hobbies, well for last 3 ~ 4 decades I
1. have well over 5,000 star wars items (still in boxes, most double boxed)
2. Tons would be wrong word, but in my life yes ton(s) would fit for the home theater/stereo setup(s) I have (and had).
Heck a few of my amps were near 200 pounds, and current sub is 200 pounds.
3. Blu-ray, 4K, 3D collection in the thousands (granted, sold dvd's, vhs, as well my second time with Blu-ray, so all added up no clue on how many I have had.
4. Have a good size anime collection. But I stopped buying them YEARS ago. So most of the stuff is VERY hard to find now.
5. 1/18 scale die cast movie cars again, stopped buying years ago. So these are what most would consider collectible(s) now.
6. Not large scale per-se, but RC stuff in almost all sizes (1/4 scale down to 1/28) at this time, at least a dozen car and or trucks most nitro, but some gas, and some electric.

7. Not a hoarder, as I have NO attachment to any 1 item/things.
But am a loner, for most part since my disability.
I hoard all the love I get from my immediate family, that are still alive. And miss my younger brother (that has my niece and nephew).
So, each time I see him/them I overdo it with kisses on the cheeks, (his wife is uncomfortable with me kissing her, on neck/cheek) etc...
Her loss :rolleyes:
I had a tri amped system in the 70's, a killer of a sound machine playing vinyl with young ears that most people never experience.

I like your post, as growing up I had tons of albums. But as ages (decades) come/go. I know that some have an infinity to vinyl, and I loved it back in the 70's. But these days even with a system in the $500K range, vinyl can only reproduce so much (and by no means, have I EVER heard a setup that sounds like you are there in the concert/opera/etc..) From vinyl.
I know it has a retro comeback, but I would rather not go that route, as I lived it back then and know how easy it is to damage and have to rebuy a record.
Not to mention, over time (even if record is not played) moisture is enough to damage a sealed record.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks