Painting a body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireblade99

So I have a friend who races Alcohol Funny cars for this years Christmas present I am looking to get him a model of his car but i am not good enough with the airbrush to get that done is there someone here that could help I would really appreciate any help.

Oh yes I will get some pics

This is just 1 but I think it will get someone an idea the body i found is 1 2/4th scale its unpainted resign.
When my house burned down and I lost everything they stepped in and helped so doing this is very important to me.

Attachments

• 71738.jpeg
    71738.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Paint that yourself ??? looks fairly straight forward ??

@dougstar 1/24th is a bit more complicated.

@Fireblade99 considering the size of of the shell you want painted, I think you will be far better served looking for a scale model forum. There are a ton of guys who can do a 1:24 scale body and actually make it look like the real thing.

The miscreants on this forum can hardly string together a coherent thought, let alone paint such a small shell.

@dougstar 1/24th is a bit more complicated.

The miscreants on this forum can hardly string together a coherent thought, let alone paint such a small shell.

So true. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Looking at that picture I think some detail may be hiding. I think the Light gray is reflection or hidden detail because of the angle of the pic (side of the car) . I can't tell.

Yah I will figure it out one way or another thanks for the Inputs
Colors by Dave if he still does it!

He did this one for me on my 1/10 scale ,it was my design ,I wrote down what I wanted ,an he knocked it out of the park ,
he added the hot embers in the bed on his own!.. :cool:

Wow that is a great looking paintjob
I had been trying to find a larger model of his car his is based on 97 Oldsmobile Cutlass I had a hard time finding that.
Colors by Dave if he still does it!

He did this one for me on my 1/10 scale ,it was my design ,I wrote down what I wanted ,an he knocked it out of the park ,
he added the hot embers in the bed on his own!.. :cool:

He does still paint I contacted him thanks so much for your help pointing me in a good direction.

Last edited:
Yah I will figure it out one way or another thanks for the Inputs

Wow that is a great looking paintjob
I had been trying to find a larger model of his car his is based on 97 Oldsmobile Cutlass I had a hard time finding that.

He does still paint I contacted him thanks so much for your help pointing me in a good direction.

I didnt know if he still did it ,but when your that good an can lay down paint for a customers design is awesome an
he will hit it out of the park!

Here is some of his pieces!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks