Parts to convert HPI Baja 5b SBK Flux to Gas???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

Hello all,
I build a Baja SBK Flux and I love it. At some point I would like to convert it to gas and put my ESP34cc in it. I don't think there is a kit available to convert from flux to gas.

What I want to know is: If any of you have converted your HPI gas to electric, would you mind parting with the gas parts you no longer need? I will pay for them. I referenced the build manual and filled up a cart on DDM with all the parts kits I would need to purchase to do the conversion and it was way to expensive with a lot of parts I wouldn't need.

i had the gas one and just bought the complete flux kit and noew i have two/
i don't think there is a flux to gas conversion kit available.

I’m was honestly thinking about getting Vesla.5 gas roller, but by the time I pay for it and replace the fragile arms with aluminum I might as well have bought a Losi 5T 2.0

If converting gas/nitro to electric is considered "pushing the easy button". Would the opposite be the hard button? Or expert level like a video game? Lol
I personally am getting tired of being scared of my lipos even getting warm after 5 mins running in the bigger rigs. Plus I just love all the noise of a good tuned pipe!
On another note I read that producing one battery for an ev produces the same amount of pollution as driving that same sized vehicule for eight years...not even counting the pollution created depending on how the electricity is made to charge the car after. Hmmm, I guess Nicolas Tesla had a reason to invent wireless transmission of electricity, but his funding was cut by the guy who was heavily invested in copper wire, to transmit the electricity.
The more I learn...the more I wish I couldn't even read!

Will the parts be reliable?
From what I heard when hpi parts where unavailable, the rovan plastics where not as durable. But maybe most of what you need are non stressed, the control arms or shock towers I'd say go with hpi to be better. But even the plastic clutch bell holding on my hpi melted from the heat of the high rpm clutch spring and novice 1/5th scale driving.

I have a Rovan, King Motor and an HPI baja. My HPI is electric, the other two are gas. As rc everywhere says the HPI stuff is better for parts that get a workout, a arms. Shock towers and what not. The a arms look different on all three cars. My HPI is the new kit from last fall.

My Rovan has been very good so far. Takes a beating and keeps going strong. 30.5cc Motor.

I bought the King Motor roller for parts but ended up building another car with it. So far it has been very good, nothing broken yet. I did bend the front of the chassis hitting a curb. I paid $389 for the roller. Came with everything but a Motor. It even came with the throttle and steering servos and a receiver battery. Thought the Rovan steering servo would go out almost right away but it is still going strong. Still surprised by that. Same with the king motor car, not as much time on it yet though.

I think the Rovan and King Motor cars are good cars. Are they as good as the HPI cars, in my little bit of time with all three, yes they are. Time will tell I guess.

I have decided to keep the baja electric. There are just so many more options for places to drive it. Right now I only have 2 places I can drive the Vekta.5 around due to the overpopulated area I live in... I might do it sometime down the road just to have something to do.

When I put the HPI kit together I went electric for more options on places to run it. Electric I can right out in front of the house, the gas cars not so much.

The gas cars are a blast to run though. Nothing like a 2 stroke on a tuned pipe.

Thats highly area dependant. Many of us don't have issues with making as much noise as we want.
Having said that, it sucks when you do have crabby neighbors or a grouchy park purveyor.
the guy in charge of the park where i was running didnt like the sound of the taylor 65 with the un silenced pipe.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks