People are surprised

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkoppk

I gotta say there hasn't been one place where my son and I run our trucks that people weren't flocking around watching and asking questions. All were like awesome until I told them between the 2 trucks, remotes,and mods I'm in it for over 5g's.I wish it was cheaper so everyone could experience 1/5 scale.

I just experienced that today with my two rigs and a lot of the time they look at you like they don't really believe the prices.One of the guys today was telling me he has 2 Traxxas trucks but he was just a buy and drive type of guy not really a fanatic like us.
I can definitely see why the hobby is limited. Out of all who were interested only 1or 2 were still interested when I told them the stock route and how the car is fine like that.

Me and my son always get questions on our rigs, normally about price, others about speed etc, often about how strong are they especially for kids driving them.
Get more questions from general public about the electric ones especially my Formula Offroad rig, guys who used to be into RC 's when they where younger ask about the petrol 5th scales.

You don't have to spend 5g to enjoy though. I used my dbxl stock for well over a year just replacing the few bits that broke with cheap plastic. My MTXL is still 99% stock. Exhaust only and very few parts replaced. How many people actually upgrade as they break? All my stock takeoffs are perfectly serviceable. You should let people know they can join the hobby and have fun for well under 1k. You're scaring people off telling them what we choose to spend.

I bought my dbxl used for about $600.00 usd. It was more or leas ready to run, with a g320 in it. (Although I was told it was an obr reed engine.... now I know better. Which was also the reason I gave $600 for it)

You don't have to spend 5g to enjoy though. I used my dbxl stock for well over a year just replacing the few bits that broke with cheap plastic. My MTXL is still 99% stock. Exhaust only and very few parts replaced. How many people actually upgrade as they break? All my stock takeoffs are perfectly serviceable. You should let people know they can join the hobby and have fun for well under 1k. You're scaring people off telling them what we choose to spend.
No I told them the stock route and price,it's still too much I think.

Dropping 5k cash is something I can’t afford and I wouldn’t buy 5k worth of Rc’s on a credit card to have to pay interest on em. Hell to the no no no lol

just gotta buy smart bro
I paid $360 cash for a used 5iveT v1.5 and since then modified it a bit. I’ve got maybe $700 in it roughly ?
B07A97AF-DE19-40B0-9545-20DFC58C870D.jpeg

This one here is the first 5iveT I bought it used too and then modified it a little bit ?

295D7523-F714-48C6-8C42-2427B09B8380.pngDC579BB2-4A43-4A7F-95CB-3DC4BD25B686.png

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks