Personal sound stereo/hifi ect??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holly fek?20200519_135348.jpg20200519_135352.jpg
So during my move I managed to wreck
The mid range driver in one of my tower speakers?????
Jumped online and spoke to the Australian dealer for monitor audio ??
The design that I have is the silver RX8 and they have been out of production for a few years now? years they made them 2010-2014. I was ?ing myself. I managed to get an order in for a new driver???20200519_135141.jpg
Install was straightforward just a couple spade connectors ????
Now the towers are back in business ?

My wife won this oontz angle plus bluetooth speaker. Its little smaller then you soda can speaker, but it bumps and thumps real good. I actually stole it from here for down in the basement/outside. Lasts all day on a charge. I'll grab a pic later

Yamaha are an amazing company ? they make everything and ? and they do it so well??

Back in the 80's ,my friend had a pair of liquid cooled 8'' Yamaha mids mounted in his door panels along with
the 6'' piles & 80 watt MM tweeters ,the rear deck of the car ,he had the 15'' dual voice coil Cerwins & the
12'' Piles!
Back in that era ,that was some serious system ,an the crap sounds that I here from peoples cars today ,my
friends system back then ,smokes them ,as his ,you heard every detail instrument in the music!

If I was to build a car system ,I would very much like to build one up like the way he had his set up ,but the
stuff he had ,almost don't exist ,I looked on E-bay an cant find the stuff!

Back in the 80's ,my friend had a pair of liquid cooled 8'' Yamaha mids mounted in his door panels along with
the 6'' piles & 80 watt MM tweeters ,the rear deck of the car ,he had the 15'' dual voice coil Cerwins & the
12'' Piles!
Back in that era ,that was some serious system ,an the crap sounds that I here from peoples cars today ,my
friends system back then ,smokes them ,as his ,you heard every detail instrument in the music!

If I was to build a car system ,I would very much like to build one up like the way he had his set up ,but the
stuff he had ,almost don't exist ,I looked on E-bay an cant find the stuff!
cerwins r bad ass..?..well the older 80-90's home system ones were they did sum monsters ones:love::love:

My music room has the best setup at the moment monitor audio bookshelves with 6" mids alloy dome tweeter and and a Yamaha 12" 1000 watt sub?20200426_054320.jpg20200426_054147.jpg
I stream my music?? so listening to a new recording like "florence and the machine "
If you close your eyes and listen? you get what the audiophile's say a sound stage?? can hear every instrument and they all have their own place in the room?? pink floyd is also a great one to play??

cerwins r bad ass..?..well the older 80-90's home system ones were they did sum monsters ones:love::love:

I never had Cerwins ,but back then ,when I was a teen ,I had to build my own home system ,we didnt have the money
to just go buy stuff like that ,some of my friends parents was well off or they had a part time job to buy that stuff for
their cars!
My home system was a Modular componet system brand or better known as a MCS that I bought from my neighbor
for 10 bucks ,they didnt use it because they didnt have no speakers.
It had the built in amp ,but was rated at I think a 100 watts ,but then ,it was a true 100 watts ,enough to get the
cops called out on me an enough to here it from blocks away!....LOL

The speakers ,I built them out of different speakers ,the boxes came from a Fisher brand with out speakers ,I salvaged
the boxes from laying in someones backyard ,the speakers that I ran was some old 12 '' an horns from a old console
type stereo ,an a friend of mine gave me his old house speakers with some 10 's in it ,so I built an combined all of
the speakers into a pair of bad ass speakers ,the boxes had the cross over network built in ,Bass .mids & tweets set
up ,so each box had 4 speakers ,12 ,10 ,4 an a horn ,which produced an awesome true sound ,there is a difference in
todays systems an the old systems ,the new systems sounds more altered like computer generated or something
to that effect!....LOL
Another friend that I had ,didnt even use regular house speakers ,he played guitar ,an simply would plug his receiver
into his big amplifier ,it was huge with big speakers ,he also had the cops called on him several times ,I think the
whole town heard his poop!....LOL

GodaAmn Cbaker that sounds like Z baja ?????

LOL....I could have recorded someone's piece of poop car system just now ,it sounded like a bunch of garbled poop ,it
sounded like ,....bla...blap......bla blop

My friends sounds ,were you heard what was playing ,vocals an every detail in the song ,nothing like hearing AC/DC
Back in black or Van Halen ,Running with the Devil ,you can here him coming from miles ,his at a distance sounded
different ,his went boom ....ssss....booom....sssss.....boom boom....ssssss!.....lol

LOL....I could have recorded someone's piece of poop car system just now ,it sounded like a bunch of garbled poop ,it
sounded like ,....bla...blap......bla blop

My friends sounds ,were you heard what was playing ,vocals an every detail in the song ,nothing like hearing AC/DC
Back in black or Van Halen ,Running with the Devil ,you can here him coming from miles ,his at a distance sounded
different ,his went boom ....ssss....booom....sssss.....boom boom....ssssss!.....lol
Man that makes me miss my old beater car's stereo system... I put a lot of money into it, the stereo system was more than the car lmao... Had crystal clear highs and mids from Polk speakers and a 12" DVC Alpine in a box that I designed and built myself. It would rattle the trunk pretty good, but from inside it sounded amazing.

Got fed up with with earphones or the portable jbl boom box in the shop??
So I have added everything ??? pulled out the yamaha a-80120201023_100754.jpg
20201023_095259.jpg
Some specs on the amp??Screenshot_20201023-102015_Samsung Internet.jpg
The tower speakers are 4ohm so the amp is delivering 160 watts per channel ???? speaker specs??Screenshot_20201023-101906_Samsung Internet.jpg
Got out my van den hul speaker cable and slapped on some Nakamichi banna plugs?20201023_094650.jpg20201023_103109.jpg20201023_095143.jpg20201023_100701.jpg
Pulled out a 200watt pioneer powered sub
......next to a wood pile?‍♂️??‍♂️20201023_100858.jpg20201023_100913.jpg20201023_100927.jpg
So no more pissy sound in the shop??
P.S. and no have not been kicked out of the house by wife........yet?‍♂️?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks