Piston Stopper diamention

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclops1970

can any with a piston stopper please measure the lenght of there piston stopper from the bottom of the threads for me so i can make one at work . doesn't have to be completely accurate even a tape measure if you don't have a caliper handy ..

Thanks for the help ..
Cheerzz

no take a piece of rope only for a pull starter or something similar to that rope. I use a new clean piece of rope and keep it in a zip lock baggy to keep it clean for future use.

remove the spark plug, feed in a few inches of rope, roll the motor to TDC> the piston will push the rope to the top, and then will hold the piston from rolling over TDC. when done back the piston off of TDC, and pull out the rope.

heh, been doing that trick since the early 70s. lol
back then it was the standard.
then some Colledge Educated Idiot ( what we call engineers here, lol )
said eeww thats BAD BAD BAD For a motor, you have to use this for it to work "Properly" and now everyone has a piston stopper and forgot the 80 yrs the rope trick worked prior to the piston stoppers introduction. LOL>>>>

but ya, im a tight ass too! lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks