Please help clear up motor mounting inserts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clubin

Build Thread Contributor
I can’t be the only one. Does this make sense to any one? I wanted to install a 22 tooth vertigo gear but The 22 insert doesn’t allow me to. What do I need to buy to run the 22 tooth? I put in the 20. Using black stock inserts.

This idea of how Losi designed the gear setting isn’t great imo.

Are they Losi or vertigo inserts? Vertigo inserts are for the 1.0 which the mesh spacing is different. For a 2.0 use Losi inserts and you should be good. Mine fit with the vert clutch housing correctly.

Stop blowing money on shite you don't need. The inserts fixed or adjustable are for idiots that don't know how to set mesh. Washer are cheap.
How do you figure that one out? the agustable inserts mean you have to set the mesh yourself
The whole idea of the inserts is to have a rock solid engine mounting, and stop any chance of it moving under load, and with chassis flex
Pretty simple stuff, even for idiots ;)

Last edited:
How do you figure that one out? the agustable inserts mean you have to set the mesh yourself
The whole idea of the inserts is to have a rock solid engine mounting, and stop any chance of it moving under load, and with chassis flex
That’s true. But there appears to be no consistency between them. They aren’t identified as either 2.0 or original. I like the idea but it’s a mess between v1 and v2.
It’s a poop show of inserts.
Stop blowing money on shite you don't need. The inserts fixed or adjustable are for idiots that don't know how to set mesh. Washer are cheap.
I like that!

That’s true. But there appears to be no consistency between them. They aren’t identified as either 2.0 or original. I like the idea but it’s a mess between v1 and v2.
It’s a poop show of inserts.

I like that!
That's why you get the Fonzie adjustable. They're the only one's you'll ever need, and your engine will be mounted rock solid

As for identification, if it doesn't say "losi 5iveT 2.0" then it's for the v1. That applies to any parts that are for the centre driveline area, all other parts are the same for both versions

Last edited:
That's why you get the Fonzie adjustable. They're the only one's you'll ever need, and your engine will be mounted rock solid

As for identification, if it doesn't say "losi 5iveT 2.0" then it's for the v1. That applies to any parts that are for the centre driveline area, all other parts are the same for both versions
Blow your money on what you want. They are a fancy washer nothing more nothing less. Your mental to think other wise, and even more mental if you think a washer in the slot Is going to move and change mesh without the boots coming loose.
Guess your an idiot. I got some beach front property in Arizona real cheap.

Its not just about gear mesh, its also about forward and back movent with chassis flex, with high powered engines, especially big bores

Maybe you should spend more time running rigs instead of posting nearly 12,000 posts of nonsense on an online forum 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Interested John C Reilly GIF

@Seandonato73

Using countersunk washers with the same diameter as the width of the slot will stop the forward/back movement.
Using plain old flat washers won't stop the movement, even if they were the same diameter as the slot, because the screw can still move within the hole in the washer.
Another problem that can occur is the chassis can crack within the slots if just using a round washer as the force isnt spread over the length of the slot
The Fonzie adjustable washers solve all these problems, along with getting the perfect gear mesh. Win win 👍

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks