Please help clear up motor mounting inserts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not just about gear mesh, its also about forward and back movent with chassis flex, with high powered engines, especially big bores

Maybe you should spend more time running rigs instead of posting nearly 12,000 posts of nonsense on an online forum 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I neither need educated about chassis flex or what a washer can and does do every day. Your frivolous attempt to get people to piss money away on something that's been being done on 1/5 scale rigs since their inseption is utterly ridiculous. Bad advice is still bad advice. Your lack of understanding about basic fasteners and the fact these inserts do nothing, absolutely nothing about chassis flex is most amusing. Again, your an idiot.
These are made for this exact application. I bought them.

I never said anywhere I had any concept of money. Been in business for 30 years. Never served me wrong.
None of this is aimed at you. Spend your money how you see fit.

I neither need educated about chassis flex or what a washer can and does do every day. Your frivolous attempt to get people to piss money away on something that's been being done on 1/5 scale rigs since their inseption is utterly ridiculous. Bad advice is still bad advice. Your lack of understanding about basic fasteners and the fact these inserts do nothing, absolutely nothing about chassis flex is most amusing. Again,
Im not saying they stop chassis flex, and i never did. That cant be stopped.

If you read the text i typed, instead of only the parts your arrogance wants you to read, then you wouldve seen some key points.....

1) Normal round washers can crack the chassis at the thin part where the inserts normally sit. Its happened to me, and i know of others. 20 bucks spent on Fonzie inserts can save you 200 bucks on a new chassis
2) The Fonzie inserts provide a rock solid engine mounting solution, and can be used for any gearing combination

Have a good day, idiot.....

Last edited:
Your the idiot, for years I've used regular washers, before fonzie decided to make Jack crap for the 5ive platform and have had no issues. Your one experience on having bad luck just sucks to be you, and is a very small sample rate of wait 1.
Now if you care to read and use you tiny little brain you would have comprehended that standard flat washers have been keeping these engines in place since 1/5 scale started, without issue. Go stick your head back in the sand.

Stop It Christmas Vacation GIF

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks