poor low end performance :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well,weather been absolute cr@p here in UK (no suprise!!) so have to wait until tommoz to test it :( ..i may take in the back garden though ot start it up, im guessing i will need to retune it?

Are these the stock needle settings for the zen G320:

low: 1.5 out
hi: 2 out

Cheers again for help guys, much appreciated i had no idea about this pressure mod etc!

ok so i started her up today after doing sorting out the pop off pressure, didnt get chance to take it out properly just had it on bench in back garden with wheels off ground etc, so no load.

The issue still seems to be there in terms of power low end but like i say wont know for sure until i take it out preoperly, but the other thing was getting this engine fired. Was like this before i did the carb mod too. But it is a nightmare to start this engine!?

i have it all tuned (as you seen in other viwith it running) when it runs, apart from this low end issue, it runs sweet etc. End of session, i kill the engine, needles are not touched, then next time i go out with it, im having an absolute nightmare starting it, checked spark, all good, changed plug, even though old plug looked ok.

its definitely flooding also when trying to start as before i did manage to get it started about 100 pulls later & much adjusting needles, i was tipping the car around to drain excess fuel from the pipe! So something wasnt right.

In the end she finally fired after i leaned off the low speed needle. But its like this every time i take it out and trying to get it started, my 29 zen on my FG would pretty much start 1st pull after the prime! not this bugger :(

im beginning to think its this issue with low end power & the struggle to start may have something to do with the carb? as it was like from the very 1st time i tried to start this engine!

I will see how i get on when i take it out tommoz depending on weather! but if still the same, i think i might pick up a new carb and try that!

Did you get it fixed? It does sound like it's time for a new carb. I recently had the same issue where it would run great once started, but was an absolute pain to start. Eventually it wouldn't run or start at all. Swapped in a spare carb and now it fires right up and runs better than ever! I'm pretty sure the diaphragm went bad, but I haven't opened up the old carb to check.

Hi guys,

i have a new DBXL 2.0 (zen 32) an olimat unsilenced pipe, 10k steel clutch & I'm running Badlands mx43's.

Mid-top end is perfect, low end is a different story, I have it tuned, runs with no issued except for this low end power. Even on loose surface, the wheels barely spin! Climbing steep-ish hills it also seems to struggle until rpm gets high then its as if a powerband kicks in and power is what id expect, but up until then, it runs like my FG used to years ago before I had a tuned pipe on it!!

I cant compare it to stock as the pipe/clutch etc was fitted from brand new. The clutch is an 9500rpm steel one from taylor RC, this one: https://www.taylorrc.co.uk/product-page/fs-steel-clutch-with-ddm-9500rpm .

Ive also lowered the gearing to help with bottom end but didn't make much difference, and i was running MadMax Land G Rippers which are a very big tire, so thinking that might be the issue, as said above, i bought some MX43's and changed gearing. but nope! still the same :( any ideas?

I've messaged the place i bought pipe from asking if its a mid-top end pipe rather than low end. But even so, the low end performance is poor!

any help much appreciated!

also does this look normal? it looks like the clutch shows are not making 100% contact?

View attachment 86429
View attachment 86430
Here's what spark plug looks like, which seems to be all good so the mixture is ok, like i say apart from this issue the engine runs well with no hiccups etc..
I just had this same Issue with my FG Baja changed clutch springs wheels gears etc etc and it was the tune pipe changed my pipe and boom 💥 there she goes bottom end for days 👌🏿

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks