Port work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joehylton1980

I'm thinkin of buyin a cheap engine an trying to smooth ports an do on has anyone tried to do this there selves an had any decent results ??

Yes, and no,no,no,no then finally yes. It's an art form you figure out as you go. There are several good articles about porting principals of a loop scavenged 2 stroke. Google and read them.
You'll mess more up then succeed on at first so don't get discouraged. Get a degree wheel, your going to need it for timing numbers.
Learn to measure squish, shoot for .020" or so. Can go down a little tighter but I'd not reccomend if your new to the game.
Don't Freeport your exhaust. (Kevin will be along to tell you the opposite, don't mind him)
Make sure to chamfer your port edges so you don't catch a ring, and don't go too wide on your ports so you don't catch a ring.
There's a lot you can do, but if you want to see if your modifications did any thing positive (or negative) do one thing. The put it together and run it. Either it will be faster or slower. A dyno would be best, but the same engine in the same car set up, timed trials will be telling enough. Copper gaskets are your friend for this type if work.
Keep track of your numbers so you know where you started and where you ended up. No point in doing it, if you can't go back and see where you came from.
Lots of videos of guys porting chainsaws on youboob. They are actually easier to port then these little things as you have larger cylinders to work with.
Oh be prepared to eat a few dremel wands up, no point in buying a foredom if you don't like what your doing or fail at it.
Best of luck.

Oh sorted lol I'm in small heath but I'm in Bromsgrove alot I pick the car up next week do u think it's a Rovan ??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks